I Have My Eye on You
________________________________________________________________
Riley and I have an eye doctor appointment in a few hours. Poor thing has been wearing the same frames since she was 14. Now that she's 17, they are not working for her. At all. I totally understand! I can't wait for her to find some hawt frames for her pretty little face!
As for me? It's summer. I want contacts. I also want a new pair of glasses. Alas, I can only have one, and I'm thankful insurance will pay for one! I want contacts in the summer so I can wear sunglasses. There are two reasons for this. I want to be able to see while the arctic Alaskan sun beats down on me for 24 hours a day in the next couple months, and I don't want wrinkles while I squint at everything while the arctic Alaskan sun beats down on my 24 hours a day. Poo.
*~*~~*~~*~~*~*
I love my first son, Timmy. With all my soul. But he's really loud. All the time. He laughs loud. He negotiates Wii time with his little brother loud. He eats loud. The only time he isn't loud is when he's sleeping and when he's reading a Wimpy Kid book. If he's reading Garfield? Still loud. Because he has to tell me jokes. Does he think I'm deaf? Does he think we are all deaf? I think by the time he is 12, my ears will be literally worn out. My ear drums will have no more taughtness. My ear lobes will be drooping down to my shoulders.
Are all boys so loud? I know he'll be a teenager one day and he won't be talking to me at all. I don't look forward to those days at all. Do boys just wear out their voice boxes by then, and my ear drums have no taughtness anyway?
When he was a little guy, I'd say, "let's use our inside voices" on occasion like I heard all the good mothers say. I'd cringe when I said it because I hate talking in the third person. Occasionally the reminder would work. Usually it didn't. Michael and I have come to the conclusion that he has no volume control. He just wasn't born with one. Do they come separately and no one told me? I would have ordered the deluxe model.
posted by Terri at
4/26/2010 09:35:00 AM>4 comments
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home