Saved by the Migraine
________________________________________________________________
I've never been more relieved to get a migraine... Mrs. Gardengnome invited me out. I didn't respond soon enough, so she asked another friend. She couldn't, so she asked me again. I accepted, but had reservations. I want to be friends. It would be too awkward not to be with the size of our church. I wanted to take this opportunity to at least attempt to explain to her that her insensitivity hurts me. Saved by the migraine I guess.
And I had a bit of an epiphany. I shouldn't talk about her. Blogging about her here is the same as gossip. Hiding behind anonymity isn't right. It sure helped me to vent about it and get some much needed validation from you all, but it isn't right. She was there for me at a very difficult time, and I will always be grateful for that. I shouldn't dishonor that by venting here.
Last night, we watched The Changeling. The Clint Eastwood movie with Angelina Jolie? And it reminded me of what so many of you said about depression. I romanticize the '40's. I love the style. I love the clothes. I love how the men were gentlemen. There was so much of that movie that was emotional and intense. (I had to run upstairs and tuck my sleeping boys in and give everyone extra kisses in the middle of the movie.) What hit me was how many women were simply tossed in the psych ward and tortured. For what? Reporting her husband for beating her. Yeah, probably a woman like me could have ended up there as well, dragged by a well meaning MIL most likely! Hah. I'm thankful for so much. Living in this day and age is just one of them.
posted by Terri at
3/10/2009 03:47:00 AM>3 comments
3 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home