Michael is Always Right
________________________________________________________________
So why don't I ever listen? I told my "friend" about my depression and my choice to use medication. I told her that I knew some people at church might not agree with my choice, but I made up my mind, I'm getting better, and I didn't need a lot of McJudgy Pants giving me a hard time over it because that would only make my stress levels worse. I'd like to think that what she said next came out of a place of love and concern. She immediately went off about how horrible anti-depressants are and how I'd have to take them forever now that I started. (False) How is my relationship with my husband? (Great) How are my children? (wonderful) How is school? (better than ever) Have I been spending enough time with God? (none of your business, but yes) If those things are all right, then I shouldn't be depressed. Oh really? Really?! Gosh. What a relief! Then I guess I'm just completely off my rocker. Just plop me on an iceberg and send me adrift.
He told me not to talk to her about it. But I did. I just never think that if I'm honest with people it will come back to hurt me. I'm so horribly naive. And a little bit of a slow learner. I just keep convincing myself she has her heart in the right place. What comes out of her mouth is just so negative.
On top of that, Xander's favorite words are "poop", "idiot", and "stupid".
How are you, sweetie? "Poop." That's not nice... Now how are you? "I'm fine Poopyhead Mommy. How are you?" *sigh* Fine. Just fine. I'm fine.
posted by Terri at
3/05/2009 03:29:00 PM>6 comments
6 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home