Some Background...
________________________________________________________________
You know, I should probably explain why shrinks (no disrespect intended) make me nervous. The only experience I've had with them, was when my abusive much older boyfriend tried to kill himself when I tried to break things off with him. I would visit the ex boyfriend in an attempt to help him assimilate back out of the psychology ward of the hospital. He was having some sort of PTSD situation he attributed to Viet Nam. Yes, he was much older... After a few hours of visiting him in the hospital, I would leave feeling slightly insane myself. I developed a healthy respect for the nurses who worked there. Too many hours trying to not upset a paranoid schizophrenic, and people of other varying disorders took a lot out of me, let alone the nurses.
What doctor did I see the other day? The same doctor who treated my ex-boyfriend from all those years ago. Having the same man treat me who treated the man who would peel paint off the walls to eat and had a couple of different personalities happening made me feel a little trepidacious. I've come a long way from the 18 year old I once was, but I didn't like being reminded of it. The doctor understood the stigma attatched with his profession and made me feel better about that too.
1 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home