Seeing the Doc..
________________________________________________________________
Okay. I give in. I made a doctors appointment.
I'm not sure if it's the stomach flu that's making me sleep for hours during the day, or the state of depression. I wanted to take the kids to the movies today (since Saturday, truth be known), so I told them to wake me up at 1PM after my nap. I literally could not wake up enough to function. I remember speaking to Michael on the phone, but not what I said. I'm pretty sure he talked to the kids and told them Mommy was unsafe to drive in her current narcoleptic state. And I slept for another couple hours.
When I was sick the year before Xander was born, that's what I was like. Too tired to function. I would drive to Curves to work out and literally feel too weak to press the brake pedal when driving. That was before the workout. Afterwards, I'd have to recover for at least a day. That's when Dr. Loopy said I had Chronic Fatigue because he'd run out of ideas. My theory was that his herbs weren't working on me, and I was just reallllly depressed. I don't know. This feels like I'm physically ill. Like mononucleosis ill. Like four or five years ago.
WEIRD!
Whatever it is, I don't want it.
Being pregnant with Xander cured me for 3 years tho. It's got to be something hormonal.
As for the idea that I have peri-menopause, I agree! But my docs don't. Both my GP and OB'GYN say that I'm on birth control pills, and that would mask any symptoms I would have. Yet, I still get night sweats. And funny periods.
I'd really like to find a doctor who doesn't just "practice" medicine and actually diagnoses people from a place of actual knowledge of my apparent disfuctional body!
Whining, over.
I did haul my buns out of bed long enough to make spilt pea soup tonight. And it was NUMMY. I tried a sip to make sure I got the spices right. Couldn't eat any though, with my gurgly tummy. Tim hates anything with peas, and I told him he could make his own dinner. Michael was not pleased. But what's the point in torturing the kid? I don't get it. So Tim had leftovers, there was no fight and fuss and we all left the table happy. It's a win-win, right? I don't understand his POV, but I want to. Can anyone help me out here?
posted by Terri at
2/03/2009 10:57:00 PM>6 comments
6 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home