::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Timothy's Very Bad Day ________________________________________________________________
Somehow, I opened up the hole the oral surgeon fixed in my sinus when he removed my impacted wisdom teeth. Saturday I felt awful. I had nasty stinky drainage and when I swished with salt water, it came out my nose. That evening I ended up with a fever.

Feeling icky, I missed church Sunday. Which was terrible for two reasons. I missed the kids' piano recital, and I wasn't there when the kids beat Timmy up. Yes. Timmy was beat up at CHURCH.

The sons of Elder's and Bible study leaders. I'm still shocked.

Apparently there are two groups of boys. One group Tim is with. Last week, Tim threw a snowball and hit a boy from the other group in the arm. They decided this week they would pay him back. Tim's group of friends had already left. Two boys started pushing him. He pushed them back. Then three more boys jumped him and once they got him on the ground, they started kicking him and punching him and one of them even whipped him with a stick.

I have to give Mr. Garden Gnome props because he saw what was happening and he pulled the boys off of Tim and lined them up against the wall for their parents to talk to and to apologize to Timmy. Two of the boys refused to apologize until their father's had a discussion with them. Sons of church leaders refused. I'm still incredulous.

And I'm still ticked off about it. I expected a phone call from the parents of the boys with an apology to us. Was that too much to expect? It's what I would have done. I just don't understand. Am I expecting too much?

The sad thing is, the boys were all younger and smaller than Tim. I think he was afraid to fight back. He shoved the first two boys away, but once three more boys (for five boys total) got him on the ground, he couldn't get up. There were too many punching and kicking him. Michael and I told him that if he's shoved by two or more boys, he should just defend himself. And if that ever happens again, we told him to hand out knuckle sandwiches to anyone asking for them. He felt better knowing that.

Michael said it was just boy stuff and they got caught up in a pack mentality. I would be more willing to let it go if I heard from at least one of these kids parents.

Michael took me back to the dentist today for my sinus thing, and he gave me more antibiotics and gauze to seep up the drainage and he has every expectation the hole will close up on its own. Here's hoping!

I took my friend out to lunch today because she had a horrible weekend. The worst ever. We laughed and laughed and it was so great for both of us, but especially her. I hope! But now I'm feeling sicky again. I hope Michael understands... He's been in such a funk lately, and he "just wants me fixed". Yeah. Me too. But right now the side of my face hurts. Turkey leftovers for dinner tonight!

posted by Terri at 12/01/2008 04:36:00 PM >5 comments

5 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS