::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Not Feeling It, Folks ________________________________________________________________
I'm not feeling Christmasy. This has happened before, but usually when we are busted broke and I'm freaking out about getting gifts and cards sent out and making sure all our traditions have been accomplished. Maybe it's because I've been home alot lately? The Christmas tree is six feet away from me twinkling it's little heart out. The kids are excited. What the heck is wrong with me?! I'm taking Emily shopping tomorrow, and I'm sure a store full of rushing shoppers will snap me into it!

Michael's been really down. He often gets that way this time of year. His goals have been met at work for months. There's no challenge. My man needs a challenge! And his chronic pain is really wearing on him. I think it's making him depressed. He's on so much medication for pain. Lyrica, Cellebrex, and a few others. It breaks my heart to see him this way, because there's nothing I can do to snap him out of it. I pour my whole Pollyanna-ness into reminding him how great things are, how blessed we are and he's grateful. He's just tired of hurting. Tired of not being able to do what he wants to do because he hurts. If he drops something on the floor, he actually has to think about how badly he needs it because it hurts so bad to pick it up. His joints are popping all the time. He was seeing a physical therapist for a while (he has arthritis spurs on his shoulders to boot) and it helps, but it's a weekly thing, and he doesn't want to have to do that for the rest of his life. He's been dreaming about dying, and that freaks him out because he doesn't have enough life insurance to take care of us as he would like. I asked him to make an appointment with his doctor after the first of the year, and I want to go with him. The physical therapist told him to get some supplements to help his joints, and he didn't. I need to do stuff like that for him, because he'll put it off and do something for me and the kids instead. I really want to address his bouts of depression due to his pain.

Tomorrow is Furnace Guy's birthday, so we're having him over for dinner and cake. He couldn't tell me what he wants for dinner. I need some ideas! I'm doing a ton of baking tomorrow (Lord and sinuses willing). Maybe we'll just have Maple Walnut Fudge and Gingerbread Men!

Which reminds me... I have a friend in New York who actually was good friends with my Grandma that sends us real maple syrup every year, bless her! A gallon! It usually lasts a year, but... Maggie made pancakes the other morning. With chocolate chips. LOTS of chocolate chips. And the syrup. I was in the shower, and I come out to a table full of pancakes with more chocolate than cake and Timmy was sipping the syrup off his plate. Oh. My. Word. Has anyone seen the movie Elf? When he put syrup on spaghetti and everything else? That's all I could think of when I saw him do that. And then I made him brush his teeth for five minutes!

posted by Terri at 12/15/2008 01:12:00 AM >3 comments

3 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS