::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Mama's Boy ________________________________________________________________
Christmas is so close! And I wasted a day today in bed with a headache. Bah. I have dozens of cookies to bake, cards to write and presents to wrap! I haven't got time for the pain, baby...

My sinus isn't healing up, so we're trying a new antibiotic. Please, oh please let it work! Or he'll have to go back in and fix it.

Yes, my friend, Shawna, came home from shopping with me to find her fiancee had moved out. They had a fight over Thanksgiving and his solution was to move out. He's a mama's boy. And apparently he wasn't happy that she spent 3 days cooking Thanksgiving dinner for her family and didn't cook enough for his mama. To be fair, I don't know his side of the story. And he is helping with the rent and took care of her when she was in the hospital. But unless she was beating him, I can think of no good reason for a man to leave his fiancee and his unborn baby. None. I'm sorry. Having a baby wasn't her idea, it's what he wanted. He hasn't been very clear as to what their relationship is now. He kept introducing himself as her fiancee while she was in the hospital, but he refused to sleep in bed with her when she got home from the hospital. We're all confused. And he's not talking. I'd like to smack some sense into him. If he could keep his mama out of things, and put her first, I think they could stand a chance. What kind of mama would encourage her son to leave the mother of his baby? I'm just incredulous.

So Shawna and I keep one another busy. She came out yesterday to take me to the dentist, because I wasn't up for it at all. I'm having headaches a lot lately. Anyway... it's so awesome to have a friend who is really there for me, and I'm there for her. No matter what. I have a real friend! Not another Mrs. Garden Gnome! I can't wait for her to have her baby! I am going to spend a couple nights with her after she has the baby so I can help her with the midnight feedings. I can't imagine being a single mom of a newborn. She's just so amazingly strong. I so wish she didn't have to be.

posted by Terri at 12/10/2008 08:35:00 PM >1 comments

1 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS