We Love You, Oregon! Thank You and Good Night!
________________________________________________________________
I just left Michael and Bossman and a handful of drunkards (I mean that with the utmost love of course) at the post Awards Dinner. It was really lovely. A nice spread of food. BMI brought up a new up and comer who was AMAZING! Her name is Chelsea Williams. She used to (probably still does when she's there) play for tips on the Santa Monica Promenade. She did some covers, but her original songs are fresh, funny and have so much spirit! All I can think of is how she is what Carly Simon wishes she could be... She was fabulous! Absolutely the best part of the evening... Well, that and Michael getting his award, of course!
So to keep up with all these folks, I drank a lotta Cosmo's. I started with a Fat Tire. Then I noticed he had Grey Goose and cranberry juice. Since he didn't have Jameson's whiskey (sorry, Jack sucks after the good Irish stuff) I had the nice young bartender whip me up a tasty Cosmo. I started myself a trend before the night was over and all the ladies who weren't drinking out of a highball glass were drinking my pink-tini's. Either he used a lot of cranberry jucie, or I have more tolerance than I ever realized, because I seriously have no idea how many I had. That's awful. But gee, they were tasty. And I have no children. Just a nice hotel room with a big bed and no one to wake me up in the morning! Wooot!
Michael was going to take some fellas to the Cigar Bar here at the hotel and enjoy some fine smokage. He's been so stressed since this summer, he certainly deserves that and so much more.
Oh! He bought webcams! And this hotel has free Internet (waves to you all) and so we've been checking in with the kids in the morning and kissing them goodnight. It's been so cool. We just leave the thing running and it's like we're at home. Michael even did school with Timothy this morning. Technology is so awesome... I just kissed everyone good night and wished I brought the book I've been reading them. Wouldn't that have been neat? I could have read everyone their bedtime story!
Well, I'm going to take a bubble bath. ALONE. And read my book. ALONE. With no one banging on the door. Or wanting to ask me something. It's taking some getting used to, but it's not so bad in small doses. I can handle this for another couple of days. Teehee.
posted by Terri at
11/05/2008 08:56:00 PM>6 comments
6 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home