::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Thanks For Giving ________________________________________________________________
I LOVE Thanksgiving. I enjoy cooking. Feeding my family. Inviting people over who don't have anywhere else to go. It's my favorite holiday.

So it really stinks that I'm still recovering from my oral surgery! I had my followup appointment today, and I'm healing well. One extraction site has an ulcer, but she said it's not a big deal. The numbness in my chin is not normal, but as long as it keeps improving, it shouldn't be permanent. I still get run down, and they said I should be taking it easy.

So what did I do? My Thanksgiving dinner shopping. Michael wanted to do it for me, but he's been crazy busy at work. Two hours later, I got everything! From Gerkins to the wine. Then it was off to Walmart to shop for my Emily's birthday tomorrow.

I took a Vicodin during the dinner shopping. It quit working. By the time we got home, I was really hurting, so I went to lie down with a heat pack on my stiff jaw.

Riley baked some pumpkin bread while Michael and I were gone. While I was lying down, she made Spinach Dip, and now she's peeling potatoes for me. I'm dying from the guilt.

While I was at the oral surgeon today, we ran into a friend we haven't seen in about six months. We didn't recognize her. She is recovering from breast cancer and the chemo had taken all her hair, even her eyelashes and her fingernails are all falling off. We talked for quite a while. She's still running her kids to skiing, hockey, and every other thing. She is literally too weak to get up out of bed, and her kids are asking her to go to the store for something they need for school the next day. Here I have my kids who fall all over themselves helping me whenever I need it and with a happy heart. This poor woman has cancer, and she can't catch a break. She wasn't even complaining.

I'm so thankful for my family... So incredibly thankful.

posted by Terri at 11/26/2008 11:31:00 PM >3 comments

3 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS