|
|
Itchy Itchy Healing Gums
________________________________________________________________
I wanna rub my gums sooooooo bad. It's naughty enough that I find myself rubbing them with my tongue occasionally. I just want to take my finger and rubba dub dub! Weird, right? I know... But it must mean they are healing.
Surgery went really well. They said I kept waking up early and they kept having to drug me up more and more, but I didn't have a clue! They were surprised that I was so awake so shortly after wards too. I've heard so many horror stories, that I'm extremely thankful!
Friday night, Michael was working late putting together the online auction for the radio station. This is a big payday for him because he sells a lot for these auctions and a big deal for Bossman because then he's sure to meet his fiscal goals. And a big deal for me, because I get gift certificates to get my hair done! Woot! But I really didn't think I would make it this time. So I'm lying in bed Friday evening, swollen, bruised, with ice packs on my face and my cell phone rings. It's Bossman. "I'm out of my blood pressure medication, and if you can't come tomorrow to help out, I may have a stroke." Well, how can a girl resist that? I woke up early. Took my Motrin. Took my Vicodin. Put on an ice pack. Went back to bed until they kicked in. Michael woke me up, got me dressed (!) and stopped to buy me a chocolate malt for breakfast. He's so awesome. I was doing okay until about 1PM, and I had to take some more Vicodin. Then at 3PM I realized I should have taken two instead of just one because I was throbbing to beat the band. Instead of running around the room, I started rolling around in an office chair. As soon as we were done, Michael hurried me home, poured me into bed, gave me more medicine, and I slept until Sunday afternoon. I like to be needed, and Michael and Bossman sure made me feel that. I'm still pretty puny though. I've been able to cut back on the Vicodin, only one twice a day today. The swelling is way down, and my face isn't hot anymore. I still can't chew anything, except cottage cheese lumps, so I'm on the anti-Atkins diet. Yogurt. Cottage Cheese. Jello. Mashed potatoes and Cream of Wheat are my fave because they are warm. My chin and bottom lip are still completely numb, but they tingle now when I touch them, so that's progress. Shouldn't I be a lot better by now though? I thought I'd be at least able to eat solid food and back to 75%.
Michael is doing all my Thanksgiving shopping for me, so that's good. Anyone want to take any bets as to if I'm going to have the energy to cook the Thanksgiving meal for my in-laws and nephews? The kids have been doing great helping out with meals, but I think cooking a turkey is a bit beyond their scope currently! Keep your fingers crossed for me! I can just see it now... I'm all hopped up on pain meds and I stuff the turkey with sweet potatoes and put marshmallows on the stuffing.
posted by Terri at
11/24/2008 06:34:00 PM

|
|
2 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home