::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Great Traveler Returns ________________________________________________________________
Things have been rather huckeldy (is that a word?) buck around here since our return from the lower 48 (as we like to refer to it way up here in Alaska).

Weddings, migraines, and serious snuggles have all taken up a bit of time...

I woke up our last night away with a wicked headache. I don't think it was migraine. I think it was a cluster. Well, whatever it was, it sucked. Michael woke up and started packing and I moaned at him for Excedrin Migraine and tried to sleep it off. We ended up driving around Seattle and getting lost for the first time our entire trip and decided to just head to the airport.

They practically strip searched Michael at security. Holy cow. First of all, my sweetie has a broken back. Literally. He's also a big guy. Seattle airport is HUGE and he was using his cane to take the pressure off his back. As we're standing in line at security, who does the little lady pick to be searched? Yeah. The big guy with the cane. Although I suppose that makes more sense than the little old lady in the wheelchair, but whatever. I had his ticket, so I followed him. Heh. Apparently you can carry on stuff you didn't used to be able to. I gave away a two pound bag of these gorgeous grapes to the car rental guy because I didn't think I could carry them on. What? Our produce is crappy up here! Anyway... Michael was unpacking the laptop, his CPAP machine, the works. Then we stand around and wait. His CPAP machine still hasn't been returned. Then a security guard comes up to Michael and wants to pat him down. Brave man... Michael, resistant to authority asked him why. He said they found trace explosive material on his CPAP machine. WHAT?! How bizarre is that... They finally let us through. Whew. Whatever that was about. I have no idea...

Wow. I wrote a lot more about that than I anticipated. It was a great flight though. First class upgrades for the win!

Saturday, the receptionist from Michael's office got married! Yay! We were seated at a table with my friend Shawna, and her S.O. and Bossman, his lady and their 4 year old. Everyone is asking about our vacation, and Michael is giving them the run down on Seaside, Astoria, Reno, driving to Tillamook. As he's talking about Tillamook, I suddenly worry he's going to tell on me. So I smack him. Nicely, of course. So everyone wants to know what the big naughty thing Terri did while on vacation! They are literally on the edge of their seats wanting to know my nasty secret.

I had two scoops of ice cream at the Tillamook creamery.

That was my big reveal.

Yeah.

Everyone else was pretty disappointed too.

I NEVER have two scoops. I'm always the conservative one. I don't want to splurge. Save it for the kids. Or Michael because he works so hard. You don't understand. I really threw caution to the wind. Having two scoops was a big deal for me!

Yes. I am that boring.

I do hope to write a bit more tomorrow about really fun stuff. I'm having oral surgery on my impacted wisdom teeth on Thursday, so you might not hear from me for a while, or I might post five entries in one day. You never know... I like to keep you on your toes!

This Saturday is another on air auction. I'm expected to help. I wonder... I was thinking lying in bed with a good book and ice packs on my face would be my big weekend plans. Oh, well! At least I won't be expected to talk on the air! I can probably manage it with enough Vicodin. Hah!




The scene of the big two scoop gluttony! Thank goodness they don't have German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream in the stores here, or I might have eternal brain freeze.


Seaside, Oregon and the view outside our hotel. Which later I find out was *haunted*! Too bad I didn't know that until we got home. I could have done some serious ghost busting with the Winchester boys. *wink*

Wasn't it GORGEOUS? Even in the rain, and the wind and cold (HAH! it was -15 at home!) weather, it was amazing. I didn't want to leave.


We tried to get that romantic ocean background picture, but Michael's long arms only stretch so far! It's still beautiful though. I think we were at Cannon Beach on our way to Tillamook when we stopped to take a picture.

posted by Terri at 11/18/2008 09:17:00 PM >2 comments

2 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS