::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Piano Progressions ________________________________________________________________
The kids had piano lessons Tuesday with our friend from church. She is amazed with Timmy because he has caught up with Emily within two lessons and has great rhythm. I have to admit. The rhythm thing caught me off guard. After watching him play Wii fit, I'm a little surprised! He's a tiny bit clumsy, but I think that's just a stage of his boyness. It's neat to know he's doing so well. It's not something I would have imagined! He just wanted to take lessons because his sisters were, and now he's found something new he's good at.

The kids will all be in a recital after church at the end of November. They are all so excited and already have a strategy for what they will do in case "Merrily We Roll Along" doesn't sound quite right.

Maggie is doing really well with piano, which is great because she's struggling with school still. The other day, Timmy was looking at her math homework over her shoulder and was irate when he gave her the answer. She thought she'd show him, but it turned out he was right! Oh, the poor girl was heated over that one. I'm so glad she has piano and her cooking to keep her happy.

Emily has another ear issue. The pediatrician thinks it allergies and told us to see the ear doc again, but that they looked okay. The ear doc said her ears have never looked so horrible and immediately put her on ear drops. Can no two docs in the world agree on anything? Meanwhile, she's still fairly miserable and has a hard time hearing. When her brother (with the sensitive ears) gets upset that she has the TV too loud she reminds him, "it's not her fault her ears are broken". Poor sweetie.

Xander had a play date with his cousin on Sunday. All went pretty well! Until his cousin had a few fits. Threw a box of toys up in the air and then rolled over them for a while. Meanwhile, Grandma (NOT my mom, M's Mom) was frustrated and made Xander pick up all the toys and hand fed his cousin biscuits because he wouldn't eat. Bless his little heart. This horrible divorce regresses him every time I see him and the tantrums he can throw that pull his mama's heart strings are just murder. It makes me dislike The Mayor of Crazy Town just that much more.

So Michael is taking me on a whirlwind vacation in a couple of weeks. He won a big award at work and they are flying him to Portland. So he's bringing me and wanted to take a week away. I haven't been out of state in years! I've nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs! I hate leaving the kids. I hate traveling. Once I get there, I'll be fine. Michael will do his level best to keep me from thinking about the millions of things that could happen while we're away.

Xander and I have been taking naps together in the afternoon. I have insomnia again, so the kids don't mind if I take a nap especially because Xander sleeps longer when he's with me. I relish those moments so much. You have no idea! Especially the dreamy little, "Mama. I love you," as he drifts off to sleep.

posted by Terri at 10/23/2008 01:25:00 AM >0 comments

0 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS