::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Mayor of Madness Messes up Sunday ________________________________________________________________
My BIL has gone off the deep end again. He's decided that he can change the times of his visitation with a day's notice. When Michael said they couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't, because it's not in Nephew's best interest and since the 3 people involved have jobs, not him, it would behoove him to be more flexible. Or rather inflexible and stick with the same freakin' schedule. He's threatened to call the authorities if his son isn't at the appointed meeting time and place according to his wishes. Bring it, Captain Crazy. I personally think he's tired of getting up early in the morning to get Nephew at 7:45 because suddenly he's unavailable until 10. Hmm.

It was so peaceful that last two weeks while he was away. No one knew he was out of town for over a week. He just told Michael that he would be unable to do visitation until further notice and then disappeared. Turns out he flew back to the East coast where he had his vehicle and drove it back here. Never told anyone where he was going. Didn't tell his son. Then when he suddenly appeared 16 days later, he wanted to see his son the next morning, even though it wasn't a scheduled visitation day. He interprets the court order any way he wants to and loves to use it as reference. Except for the part where he is ordered to pay child support. He hasn't paid a dime yet.

BIL e-mailed Michael around noon and started a whole mess of kaka. Called Michael all kinds of things, made all sorts of accusations. Round and round we went with his sister, her lawyer and Captain Crazy all day long. Since my husband cares so much about this situation, and he's so very much a man, he can't fix this and it's out of his control to do anything, so he gets really pissed and unfortunately takes out his anger in other ways. As much as I wanted to get mad right back, I held my tongue, took a few dozen deep breaths and gently reminded him he's not mad at the kids, he's mad at Captain Crazy. I think the kids understood what was upsetting him and cut him some slack, and to Michael's credit, he apologized to everyone, but it really ruined a beautiful family day until we had dinner.

Yes, a little Shrimp Scampi Linguine and roasted broccoli on cheerful Fiestaware and a game of "what was your favorite thing about this week", and all was so much better.

I'm feeling frustrated with SIL lately. We're not close anymore. She doesn't answer my texts and her e-mails are very stilted. I feel badly that I can't take care of Nephew for her, but I have to protect my children. I don't know if that's why she's not friendly anymore, or if it's just stress. Either way, I'm here for her when she wants I guess. I fully expect I'll hear from her in a week or two and it will be like nothing ever happened.

So what's my favorite thing that happened this week? Xander and Timmy playing with his old Rescue Heroes mountain toy and how Xander brings Timmy books to read to him. Oh, and how Riley made fresh coffee and cooked bacon for Michael and I when we slept in on Saturday. And how Emily helped me peel shrimp tonight for dinner. It's always nice to end things on a happier note I think.

posted by Terri at 10/06/2008 12:30:00 AM >2 comments

2 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS