Everyone Poops, Hey, You Poop Too!
________________________________________________________________
What in the H-E-double hockey sticks happened to my iGoogle? I never thought I was that resistant to change, but maybe as I get older... Nah. It just sucks. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Poopyheads! I shouldn't say that. Xander's been saying that, thanks, Timothy!
Okay, since I was channeling Xander anyway, guess what?! He pooped again on the potty! I really wish he would want to poop on the potty. It's only happened when I've caught him, and he's never happy about being interupted. Probably because he just found the perfect place to do the deed in private and have something to hold on to, or crouch behind and I messed it up for him. He'll never admit that's what he's actually doing, either. And while my buddy Mrs. Gardengnome would punish him for lying, I'm letting it go and take it a step at a time. Sorry, I digress, and that's a purge for another day. So I'm reading him a story for the 290th time today (love it!) and he gets off my lap to stand by me and bends over at the waist. I ask him what's up, and he looks up at me with "the face". You all know the one. He's trying to look innocent, so he fakes a toothy grin, but he's working something out at the same time. Riley springs into action like the Super Sister she is and races him to the potty as he screams, "no poopy, I want Mommy to do it!". I thought he was constipated by the way he was fussing. Off and on again he went. Back and forth. Grunt and whine. Finally, success! He didn't seem very pleased about it though. I'm always pleased when the experience is over myself. I don't know what the disconnect is for him. Peeing is the biggest thrill ever. Probably because he's a boy, and don't all boys act proud of themselves no matter how big they get? Maybe that's just my boys/man.
Remember Bear in the Big Blue House? He was a biggie when Emily was little, and she had the greatest potty training video evah! Yeah. Video. Think we own a VCR that works? Hah! Think I'd want to hook the stupid thing up if we did? Think they have that on DVD? Of course not. But the memory or Bear dancing around his big blue house singing about how everyone poops is forever burned into my melon. God works in mysterious ways. Maybe that is one thrill He doesn't think Xander needs. Now if only Curious George or The Wiggles would dance around singing about poop, I'm sure he'd catch on in no time. Hello, God? Throw this Mama a bone! Maybe Scooby Doo will come out with one!
posted by Terri at
10/17/2008 03:14:00 AM>5 comments
5 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home