Ears and Babies and Debates!
________________________________________________________________
I had to take Emily in to the doctor again yesterday. The doctor called and after some further discussion, she wanted to take a culture from her other ear. We came up with a new plan of attack that didn't include a $120.00 prescription, so that made daddy happy. Her ears look a thousand times better this morning, although they are still pretty itchy. I hope her blood test, or culture shows us *something*, poor girl!
Then we rushed to meet Shawna for her first ultra sound for baby. Her baby is due the day after my birthday in May! Emily was very excited to see her baby too, and Shawna told us if it's a girl, Emily is going to be her middle name. You should have seen my girls face! She was so thrilled.
Shawna's fiancee was there too, and was sweet enough to let us be there with them. I love those guys... They have the same issues that Michael and I used to. I've appointed myself official go between. He is just so puzzled about the thought processes we ladies go through. I told him he better tell me to butt out when he needs to but he was so thankful. He didn't realize how much reassurance we sometimes need when we're expecting a baby. I am not one to put my nose in anyones business that way normally, so I'm so glad they let me in to interpret! Teehee. I think sometimes we need some help speaking one anothers language until it becomes second nature.
It was so exciting to be there and see that tiny little life grow inside my friend. Although it makes me baby hungry, it also satisfies the craving at the same time. I know, I know. I am a puzzle wrapped in a conundrum!
Then we rushed home to watch the VP debate. I wore my Sarah shirt yesterday to show my support. Wow! I was impressed with both sides. Sarah had a lot to prove and Joe had to walk a fine line between not being condescending and not losing ground. I think she does great in that format. No weird editing, no leading questions trying to make her sound stupid. I'd rather have someone in office who hasn't been in Washington for years. Who hasn't aspired to office since college or sooner. Someone with integrity who feels called to serve the people. Someone who is still one of us!
posted by Terri at
10/03/2008 08:54:00 AM>1 comments
1 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home