::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Scary Uncertain Times ________________________________________________________________
I attended a few great workshops today for some teaching techniques and learning materials. I feel very empowered and excited. Too bad it's Friday and not Monday, because I'm ready to turn on the learnin'!

Unfortunately for Riley's learning experience, we decided she can't go to the People to People trip to England and Ireland next summer. She heart was broken, but she recovered quickly. She's a very mature and understanding girl. I hated how they strung us along all summer, sending us details about this trip but provided no information about how much it was going to cost until the big sales pitch 4 months later where they tell you they want $400.00 now and $1000.00 in a month and in two more weeks another grand and so on until the full $7439.00. We could have been working on that all summer. Had a car wash. A bake sale. Things we can't do now that the weather is colder. That and this financial unrest with Wall Street. What is the dollar going to be like next summer? We have no idea. It's a scary uncertain time.

In light of this scary and uncertain time, we decided to take some of our savings and invest it in our pantry. I went to Sam's today and bought a few cases of soup, tomatoes, tomato sauce, canned fruit, beans, rice, sugar, flour, seasonings, evaporated milk et cetera et cetera. Hey, the dollar may devalue, but we gotta eat, so why not? I feel a bit more secure now, really. I guess it's a mom thing. I get nervous when the cubbords get bare. People were looking at me funny though. A nice single guy was stocking up a bit too, and he helped me load some stuff. Other people asked me what I was buying all the food for. A lot of other people. I told them it was for my ten children, then they really looked at me funny. Heehee. I much prefered the nice guy helping me. Although he doesn't have seven people to feed, he at least seemed nice. I would never think of asking someone why they are buying anything. It's none of my gosh durned business. People are nosy. It's not like I was buying 15 cases of baby oil, condoms and Jello. Anyway...

Tomorrow, our new furnace goes in. Thank goodness! Then Michael can stop worrying. Poor guy. He wants everything to be right for these guys, but there's only so much he can do with his back. He feels pretty emasculated a lot of the time. Once it's done, maybe he can stop trying to put up insulation and moving heavy wood and a new water heater! Silly man.

So how about those debates tonight? I enjoyed it, I must say. Good times. "Hey, I've got a bracelet too!" Nyah.

posted by Terri at 9/26/2008 11:58:00 PM >2 comments

2 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS