Dastardly Dinner
________________________________________________________________
Friday night we took out Shawna and her fiancee to celebrate her pregnancy. We were looking forward to it all week! They love the steaks at our friend's restaurant and so we went there. What an awful night... It took us two hours to get our food. And then their steaks were wrong. Shawna ordered medium rare and it showed up blue rare. It was barely warm in the middle. She sent it back, and it still came back too rare. Then she was afraid that the cook would spit in it or something because we could hear him freaking out in the kitchen! Everyone around us had trouble with their food as well. So she didn't eat anything else. I finally ordered us both a cheesecake since the cook doesn't touch them, only the waitress. By that time Shawna was feeling so icked out by the steak that she felt sick. Worse yet, our friend, the owner didn't really seem to be that concerned and told us next time we come in when it's busy, we should come back later. I was disappointed for Shawna! What a sad celebratory dinner! And it's put her off red meat totally. Poor thing!! I feel so bad!
There was one awesome part... Miss Sandi showed up! Her best friend is getting married and she flew up here for the wedding. She came in the back door with a friend who was going to help the waitress. I saw her and I screamed, "SANDI!!!" and the whole place went quiet and turned to look. I didn't think it was possible to embarrass Sandi, but I did. HAH! That's what she gets for not telling me she's in town. She joined us for part of the meal and it was so fun being with her again. She is such a firecracker! Which makes up for me being miffed that she didn't let me know she was coming up for a visit! The little stinker. I've really missed that kid!
So today I stayed home with Maggie and Xander from church. She threw up last night and Xander's runny rudder is back with a vengence. I think Maggie is actually feeling better now. Too bad because I wanted to get the kids clothes after. It's the only time we really get out of the house all together. Michael was disappointed we weren't going. Frankly, I still feel uncomfortable going because of the Garden Gnome family. Mr. Garden Gnome actually made fat jokes at Michael's expense on the air last week. It distresses me that he is an Elder in our church and I can't respect him. I wish I didn't let it get to me, but I do. Sometimes I wish we went to a huge church where we were annonymous parishioners.
posted by Terri at
9/14/2008 10:20:00 AM>1 comments
1 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home