Confessions of a Over-Whelmed Mama...
________________________________________________________________
I'm frustrated. My Mommy Mojo is failing me. I've lost all my creativity when it comes to motivating my kids to do what they are supposed to do. I am losing the battle against the L-A-Z-Y that has them firm in it's clutches.
I had a bright idea of getting a white board and writing down everyone's daily chores. I wouldn't remind them. I wouldn't negotiate with them. They would do it, or not and receive the consequences. If they aren't listening to me, do I really think they will listen to a board? Worth a try I guess.
Yesterday, I told the youngest girls that if they didn't get the kitchen clean, I wouldn't cook dinner. They didn't get it clean. So I told Michael to bring home some yummy Chinese take out to wave under their noses while they scrounged up whatever they could. Even that didn't really seem to make a point, and I had guilt because I feel like I set them up to fail. I didn't remind them like I usually do. I left them to their own devices.
Today, Michael grounded everyone. No TV. No computer. No playing outside. No friends. Nothing. Only chores and school. Still, they manage to fool around, fuss and fight over who is supposed to do what. I have a massive headache that just seems to subside occasionally, never really going away.
I'm really not looking forward to winter when everyone will be stuck inside and the only way I'll get any quiet is if I run away from home! Hah!
I have gained weight over the summer. Not sure how I managed it. Too many skipped meals and afternoons spent in a book instead of raking pine needles I suppose. I want to join Curves again. I hate to use the gas to do it though. It's not an excuse when going would be a $10.00 round trip. I'm not happy about this weight gain though, and Michael said we'd budget the gas if it's something I wanted to do.
Since I'm full of confessions today, motivation is also an issue. I'm feeling kind of funk-y. I'm having trouble shaking my latest sinus infection. My face and head hurt almost all the time. I am starting to wonder if depression is starting to be an issue again. I don't feel like doing anything. I don't want to cook or bake. I don't want to go anywhere. I sure don't want to do school with the kids. It's all so much effort. Bah. No wonder the kids don't want to do their chores! I'm some example to them lately! I get so disgusted with myself when I get this way.
posted by Terri at
9/04/2008 12:54:00 PM>4 comments
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home