Okay, I Get It!
________________________________________________________________
I have insomnia again. Only this time I know exactly why and how. As I sit here at 1:36AM, it's quiet. No one needs me. No one will be needing me any time soon. No one is asking me if I know where something is, or if a bill was paid or what we're having for dinner. It's really easy to get used to that. So I sit on the internet and read about celebrities getting artificially inseminated, or being arrested for DUI, or getting divorced. Stupid. I hate it when I waste all my lovely quiet time surfing stupid websites thinking I'll get sleepy and go to bed. No, I just get more bored!
Celebrities really ARE boring. They have no lives other than looking good and buying cute things and showing up to sing or pretend to be someone else while actually really being themselves. In general, not people I would seek a friendship with. Tom Cruise? Not on my list of wannabe dinner dates. Brad Pitt? Nah. For being such a "dad" he looks awfully unclean. Britney? Puhlease. Gerard Butler? Hm. Well, now we're talking possibilities. Teehee.
I used to go to bed to not sleep at night. Bring my laptop and work on the review site's database, or write e-mail or reviews. It makes my back sore to sit up in bed with the laptop. I used to go to bed and just read. I go through a bazillion dollars in batteries for my book light. And they break. All the time. Hubby wants me in bed with him, even if I'm not sleeping, but he hates my bedside light being on. My book lights are currently broken/in need of batteries. So instead, I am on the couch. Comphy. In proper lighting. With the new Stephenie Meyer book that I would have been done reading by now if I weren't interrupted 8 trillion times a day by delightfully needy people A.K.A. my family. Fantastic little nudgers that they are. I really wouldn't have it any other way, but with this rain... MOMMY JUST WANTS TO FINISH HER LOVELY BOOK!
This wasn't why I had insomnia before, because believe you me, I was miserable! Hopefully, this is a short-lived, self medicating sort of thing. Sort of like my discovery of Jameson's and Ginger. Now THAT my friends, is relaxation in a highball glass. I likee too much, so I'll only partake once a week. Or less. Or more, depending on how often my in laws are visiting. Hah!
Well, off to bed, off to bed. I really should try and sleep because tomorrow my baby turns three. THREE. Egads. Who gave him permission to get older?
posted by Terri at
8/05/2008 01:35:00 AM>4 comments
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home