Crazy Fake Names
________________________________________________________________
I was just asked to review a book written by someone who goes by the name Alex de Kok. Is this a real name? Because whoa. I'd be tempted to change it. No, actually, I'd be banging down a judge's door to change it. What sort of parent would hang that name on their child? But since this writer creates some erotica fiction, I would imagine that the name is likely a nome de plume.
I kind of feel dirty just typing out the name. Prude I am not (don't you dare say I protest too much, I just felt I should make the fact known) but... wow.... jeez.... That's a real porn star name there. Not even a subtle porn star name, but an in your face one.
Now if Alex finds his/her way to my blog, I do apologize. I haven't always cared much for my name either, and have been tempted to go with something a little more fun. Like Barbara. Or Nancy. (Well, I was 6 at the time and a big fan of Nancy Drew books and Barbara Eden in I Dream of Jeannie.) I'm sure you're a fine writer. Maybe one day, I can get past the name, but as of now? I'm just not ready Mr./Ms. de Kok. I don't generally read erotica, so I'm sure you won't miss a review from me anyway! Best of luck to you.
posted by Terri at
8/08/2008 03:58:00 AM>8 comments
8 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home