::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Two Steps Forward, One Step Back ________________________________________________________________
My Maggie's going to be eleven on the 17th! She's not entirely sure what she wants to do for her day yet. Although it seems to be focused on other people. She thinks she wants it at home so her friends next door can come. She wants a Hannah Montana doll and a Lilly doll so she can give the Hannah doll to Emily (because Emily's Hannah doll had a horrible accident and has her head taped on to her neck) and she can have the Lilly doll to play with Hannah. She told her Grammy that she wanted a Cars Wii game because she wanted something her brothers would enjoy too, and a Horses Wii game because Emily has been wanting one. I'm having a devil of a time finding out what SHE would like all for herself. But maybe all she wants is fun things everyone can enjoy together... Isn't she the best?


Last week, we pitched the tent in the front yard. (Note the freshly painted fence!) Maggie and Emily have made it their little haven and have been sleeping there every night. Even when it was getting in the 40's. Although I'd usually hear them come back in around 3AM when it was that chilly. Tim has only slept there one night, and the girls looooove having their own place. They listen to their "girly book" on CD and that's worked well to discourage Tim from joining them.
~~***~~


I hate it when Michael is disappointed in me. It breaks my heart. It feels like he's mad at me, but he's not. Still. It feels awful. He planned on taking us all on a road trip where this little town is having a parade and all kinds of neat little happenings. Unfortunately, I had to give in to my swollen lymph nodes and sore throat. I'm glad he did go without me though. I hate it when they stay behind on account of me! Maggie took her camera, so I'm sure I'll come close to feeling like I was there.

I thought Xander was making great strides on the potty using, but I was wrong. He uses the potty 3-5 times a day. However, after putting a fresh diaper on him yesterday, he stands next to me and said, "I peed." Sure enough, I reached down and his diaper was warm. He just went on the potty not ten minutes previously. And he had the nerve to snicker about it! And this morning he said he was poopy. Riley (bless her heart) changes him for me, but he was just wet. About ten minutes later, he says it again. Yeah, you guessed it. The turkey butt. I just have to keep in mind that this is all practice and not get my hopes up. He's still doing well. He's not even three yet. Traditionally, my kids take a loooong time to potty train, but once they catch on, it's a done deal.

So The Mayor doesn't have to go to jail. The DA didn't feel like it was important enough to prosecute the case because he "didn't threaten" her. I'm sorry. I thought violating a restraining order was pretty cut and dried. Apparently not. So he gets another warning. His third. Sometimes our legal system bites.

Meanwhile, Nephew is regressing. He's no longer talking in sentences longer than two or three words. He throws tantrums the minute he sees his mommy that are truly intense. He's no longer trying to use the potty. The more visitation The Mayor has with him, the more Nephew regresses. It breaks my heart! There has to be a better way. I feel so powerless to do anything and I can only imagine how SIL feels. If I can see him slipping away, she must be going crazy. He's always happy to see his dad and is excited when it's time for a visitation. At least there's that. If he wasn't happy, I'd be seriously worried.

posted by Terri at 6/07/2008 11:42:00 AM >5 comments

5 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS