It's a Bird, It's a Plane! It's a Purple Mini Van!
________________________________________________________________
I keep thinking that I'm going to wait to post until I take the pictures off the camera (Maggie's camera usually, because she always has it with her!) and re-size them to post here. And then I get busy doing other things, and never re-size the pictures, or other technical difficulties you probably don't care about. And then before I know it, it's been a week!
Here's the low down:
1. The Mayor of Crazy Town is still roaming free and being a royal pain in the patoot. I think he has a bail hearing this week? I can't keep track. He's been e-mailing Michael at least 3 times a day about everything from how SIL didn't send enough diapers in the bag to how Nephew is saying the "f" word on a regular basis. This is apparently my doing? The boy can't make the "f" sound, let alone say the word in a recognizable fashion. He certainly hasn't heard that word in my house. My kids think the word "stupid" is naughty. His lawyer defending him against the restraining order is dropping his case because he's nuts. His divorce lawyer is dropping his case because he's nuts. These are two reputable attorney's. Best case scenario? He has to defend himself in court. If that happens, I might have to get Riley to babysit so I can watch the train wreck. I think I'm owed that much.
2. Thank you IRS (holy crap, did I really just say that?) because Michael got my van fixed! I'm picking it up tomorrow! I'm trying not to get too excited about it, just in case... The kids have plans to go to the library, the park and the Free Family Films, but at $4.15 a gallon for gas, I'm not planning on driving a whole lot. Sorreeee. But at least now we can drive all together as a family (legally) and safely.
3. The neighbors (the family of the boy who molests little girls) have been A-Holes, and have infected the other neighbors and none of their children are allowed to play with my children. At first I was incensed. Now I really like the quiet with no more door bells ringing constantly and I don't end up supplying all the children with Popsicles and lemonade and my swing set and trampoline won't be damaged further.
4. The infected neighbors decided my children were worthy of playing with their children "as long as my children are nice". Whatever. Apparently we can't be adults and talk about any problems face to face. This is all discussed via the children. When I go to their house to talk, they are suddenly "busy". Like I said. A-Holes. I'm so tired of the drama and I wouldn't mind moving. Or helping them all pack!
5. I so enjoy sitting outside in my yard enjoying the flowers with a good book. Unfortunately, the book ends up being a paper weight because 8 children need me to "look at me" a lot. I enjoy that as well, although I'm making no headway in my book!
6. Xander keeps biting Nephew. He did it again today. It was out of frustration. Nephew wanted the trike. Then Xander wanted the trike. I told Xander to wait his turn. Nephew got off it 20 seconds later and Xander ran to get on. Nephew decided he wanted back on and sat down. Xander yelled at his cousin to get off and he wouldn't, and by the time I got there, Xander nipped Nephew on the shoulder. Xander was sent to bed early. Dude! I can't believe he does that. And The Mayor loves taking pictures of the "abuse" Nephew suffers in my care. I have discovered that a little vinegar on a cotton ball on the mark helps it go away faster. It breaks my heart that we're all afraid to let Nephew play and be a little boy because he might get a scratched knee.
7. I just baked a cheesecake.
8. Michael's youngest sister is getting married in August. Riley is going to be a bridesmaid. I may have mentioned that before, but I keep having to repeat it so the information will sink in. I'm trying to remember that I was her age when I got married and it worked out fabulously for me!
9. We live near an air base and an army base and today there were 3 sonic booms that rattled the windows in my house and shook the pictures on the walls and woke up 2 very tired and startled toddlers, almost made me pee myself (Riley too) and gave the dog a barking fit from hell. I didn't even know what a sonic boom was until this summer.
10. I hope to have pictures tomorrow! But maybe not because I'll be off in my VAN!
5 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home