|
|
Here I Sit...
________________________________________________________________

Oh, how my little sweetie (turkey) cracks me up! Just kicking back, blowing some bubbles in his milk, enjoying the day. Ahhhh... The crossed legs KILL me.
And then today he was a turkey butt! I forgot. My kids don't get the Terrible Two's, they get the Tumultuous Three's! Yup. He's just about there... About five o'clock it was melt down city. I think he needed a second nap today. He went down to bed right after dinner and went straight to sleep.
It was my first day out with the van, and I had Nephew, so I took us all to the free movie festival at Regal Cinema. It was fun, but Xander was a bit bored (almost as much as I was) during the movie. We saw The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and while I grove on Veggie Tales, I just wasn't feeling it. Xander had more making his seat flop up and down. Although I have to give props to the man (okay, gourd) eating Cheese Doodles. That was funny.
I've hardly read a thing this month. I don't know what my deal is. I'm more easily distracted I suppose. But it's not good for the book review site. I have guilt that I'm not pulling my weight. I should have read a few more books. I'm still slugging my way through The Host. I love it! But I had to put it on the side burner while I finished a couple of review books. I'm only half way through (the sucker is 600 pages of goodness) and I had really wanted to review it for the site. I don't think I'll make the deadline at this rate. I've only got a couple of days and my attention span is for the birds. I can't seem to focus on anything if there's the slightest noise or distraction. AKA children in the house.
I caught Tim in a lie this afternoon. He and his brother have really been testing my patience. He begged many times in a row to send an e-card. I told him no, he needed to play outside. And so we went in this circular discussion for about five minutes until I told him my answer wasn't going to change and unless he got his buns outside, I'd find something else for him to do. So he got up, said he had to use the bathroom first. I happened to look over a few moments later and see the bathroom light on and the door open a tiny bit. Then I see my angelic boy sneak into my bedroom where there is another computer. I asked what he was doing. "Oh, I'm just turning off your fan. You know, to save electricity." Ooo, good one! But, no. I told him that I knew he was lying and if he came clean, I'd go easy on him. He admitted it right away. I took a privilege away and made him tell Daddy what happened. That was tough. In fact he asked me not to tell Daddy what he did. A lie to cover another lie? Poop. He's not learning, is he? He just wanted to send an E card to his Grammy, and I let him do that later. It's not Grammy's fault he's a fibber. He was extra helpful tonight, but it was out of guilt I think. I just wish lying didn't come so easily to him... I guess it's most every kid's first inclination when their hand is caught in the cookie jar, but it makes me so sad...
So I let my SIL color Riley's hair yesterday. She bleached the ends and now her tips are pink. Realllly pink. It looks cute! It won't wash out this time because I relented about the bleach. Eeeek. Now that her hair is done, she's ready to go get her driver's permit. She had to look adorable for her picture, don't you know! She's studied and she feels ready. Although her friend failed the test six times. SIX. Dude. I don't think I would have admitted that to anyone.
So Michael is in bed. Riley even fell asleep during an episode of The X-Files and decided to go to bed. What do I do? In prime reading and or/ sleeping time? I'm reading blogs. DUH! I think I should get to bed, what do you think?
posted by Terri at
6/11/2008 12:56:00 AM

|
|
2 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home