Bless Our Military
________________________________________________________________
My van died Sunday! Michael is very sad. It's some electrical thing that will probably require big bucks. I'm okay with it, but I think he was enjoying all the errands I could run and our secret lunch rendezvous.
Speaking of lunch, last Thursday he needed me to meet him and then we went to lunch. We were talking about money and our IRS refund and how I've been wanting to tithe at church or something. Then I was telling him how Emily and I went to the sandwich shop before her doctor appointment the other day and we always see a lot of soldiers in there and I usually feel moved to thank them for their service and how surprised and thankful these fellas are when I do. Well, Michael noticed a new family. The new daddy was carrying his baby around like she was a precious jewel and he was in uniform with a buddy of his and his wife. Michael asked our waitress to give us his bill and he paid for their lunch. We tried to sneak out, but they headed us off to thank us. As soon as he addressed Michael by name, I knew we were busted. He said he listens to his show all the time and how grateful he was for buying them lunch. He was so touched and thankful, and it was literally all I could do not to cry. His name is Shane. His buddy's name is Chris. Unfortunately I forgot his wife and daughter's names. But the two men are going to Iraq in September and they are happy to go and proud to serve. His wife is proud of him and he's loving his month old daughter with his whole being before he goes. I want to sob just thinking about it. Men like that make me so proud of my country.
posted by Terri at
6/23/2008 09:59:00 PM>8 comments
8 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home