::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


BBQ's, Reunions and Driving Lessons! ________________________________________________________________
I got Michael the quintessential Father's Day gift. A new BBQ grill. Yes, it was a cheapie Walmart one, but ours broke last year and he had to gerry rig it the year before that! Thank goodness for Heather! She spent her Saturday night putting it together for me while I watched her. I'm not mechanically inclined that way! That was probably the best part. Michael wouldn't have been nearly as thrilled if he had to put it all together! I also got him some cigars and William Shatner's new book that is supposed to be hilarious. He said it was his best Father's Day ever. He wasn't even mad at me for getting him the grill! He always says not to get him anything and he spoils me rotten. I finally got to return the favor!

So my 20 year high school reunion is this weekend. I so don't care. I went to the website and did my bio. Looked for people I knew. Most of them didn't bother with a bio. One guy I was good friends with wants me to go though. He had a little crush on me at the time. Now he's married. To a guy. Not what I was expecting! Another gal I knew from middle school found me at My Space via the reunion website and she really wants to get together too. I don't know... It would be fun to see those guys, but seriously. Most of the people who are excited about going loved high school. They were the popular ones. High school was great for them! While it didn't suck for me, I don't care to go back. I'm not one to live in the past anymore. And I've gained weight. I'm not a bio engineer. I haven't traveled anywhere or accomplished anything other than popping out kids. We live in different worlds. Besides. It sounds like high school all over again, only with alcohol. Ew.

Last night Michael gave Riley her first driving lesson. I was going to just take her around the neighborhood. He took her out on the highway! And of course a State Trooper was right behind them for most of the way. Fortunately, she didn't have to show anyone her brand new driver's permit! She did just fine. My baby is so grown up! AHHHH!

Tomorrow, Maggie will be 11. The kids will go to summer Bible school in the morning and after Xander's nap we'll go to see Kung Fu Panda and have lunch. Then Barnes and Noble is having another Dumbledore's Army meeting with "a feast". She's so excited that it's on her birthday! It's going to be a long, fun day! Oh, that reminds me! I have to bake her breakfast cake tonight... We do cake for breakfast. Which sounded like a great tradition! But then we have to have another cake in the evening when Daddy's home so she can blow out the candles. This two cakes thing gets old, but it's all about making memories. Make them we shall!

posted by Terri at 6/16/2008 08:13:00 PM >7 comments

7 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS