::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Snake in the Cage ________________________________________________________________
My friend Shawna came out to pick me up yesterday for a Quota International luncheon. It was a lot of fun, really. Lunch was tasty. I met some nice ladies who want me to join because "it would be so great to have Michael's wife as a member". Meaning because he's a radio show host. I'm not sure what they think that means I can bring to the club, but I'd do my best. It's a good organization and I'd like to join, but the fee would be tough at the moment. I saw one of my best friends from school at the luncheon. Shawna introduced me to everyone, and I kept trying to get her attention by smiling at her, but she studiously ignored me. I wonder what that was about? I'm not interested in joining if there are going to be a bunch of foo foo cliques. That kind of stuff takes too much energy that could be better spent elsewhere.

Then I had my first pedicure of the season. Ahhhhhh. Michael got me a gift certificate for one a few months ago. It was the best one I ever had! Of course it was at a "spa", and it was twice as expensive as the little hole in the wall places where the nice little non-English speaking Vietnamese ladies do their thing. But I really enjoyed having someone who spoke English. And understood my questions. And didn't cut my cuticles when I asked them not to. And didn't argue with me over my choice of nail polish color, or talk me into getting daisies painted on my big toe that cost ten dollars extra. I did pause for a moment when she (honest to goodness) pulled out a Black and Decker sander out. She told me not to worry and it "gets the job done". Sure enough, my feet are as soft as Xander's backside. I lurve my bright pink toenails! I can wear sandals now!

You might not know this, but we have a box turtle. Emily wanted one with all her heart a couple of years ago, and we found someone who was giving one away. Her kids grew out of it. We love our turtle, but it's not the cuddly pet Emily was hoping for. We've gradually been upgrading the turtle to a better habitat. It's hard to keep her warm in the winter, but she's done okay so far. Michael and the kids went to the dump last week, and in the Reuse section, someone left a large glass cage that would be perfect. It had a heat pad and everything. Well, I immediately thought it was an old snake cage. Michael thought it was for hamsters. Yeah, sure! Pretty dang big glass cage for hamsters! He had the kids take it outside to clean it up. Guess what Maggie found? Part of a snake skin. I hate snakes. They freak me out. I'm not a reptile person. It's amazing I can deal with the turtle. The kids are very considerate of my snake phobia, but of course Michael likes to mess with me. There is always that little boy in every man that just never grows up! It took a week of the cage being outside before I could even stand having it in the house. It's sitting in front of the book case now and I was putting books away the other day and I could barely stand being near it. I'm a complete sissy. The only good snake is a dead snake as far as I'm concerned and then I like shoes made from them. My poor Mama can't even stand snake skin shoes. I love them because it means one less snake in the world. I know, they are one of God's creatures, but I have anger issues I suppose!

posted by Terri at 5/23/2008 01:40:00 PM >2 comments

2 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS