A Hairy Situation
________________________________________________________________
My birthday is in a couple weeks... I'll be 38. That's reallllly close to 40. Whatevah. I like my birthday because I get stuff I normally wouldn't. That sounds bratty. But I don't get things for myself very often. Plus, there's the excellent reason to have cake! I have to have something to look forward to!
So Emily and I were in the bathroom together the other day. I was combing out my hair and Emily said, "Your hair is really sparkly gray on one side." My daughter is very observant like that. I turn to the other side. "Yes, it's gray on that side too, but not as much. That side is really, really gray." Then she gets a concerned look on her face. "But I'm too young to have a mother that old!" Fantastic! Just in time for me to not care about almost being 40.
Sometimes, I don't mind my gray. Sometimes, I really, really do mind. I started going gray at 22 with the birth of my sweet Riley. Hence the highlights. As I became more and more gray, we added some lowlights. They fade pretty quickly now. I think it could be time for an all over color, but it's expensive to maintain, and I'm too afraid to do it myself. Ah, what to do, what to do.
2 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home