::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Busy Holiday Weekend ________________________________________________________________
I'm glad Jensina knows what I mean about the essence of snake! Seriously. The cage needed to be one with the out of doors for about a week until I could let it inside. *shudder* Now the turtle is very happy in it's new home and I don't think snake when I see it' s cage anymore. *shudder* Just knowing a snake once resided in it was all I needed to freak out, but we're good now.

Michael took a long holiday weekend. Four whole days! Where the hell did it all go? It's like I blinked and it was over! Friday we did some shopping and I picked up my flowers Bossman let me have for working the auction. Saturday, the in-laws came over for grilled salmon and with their trailer so we could haul away some stuff and they helped Michael cut down a huge dead tree. We had a wind storm a month or so ago that knocked down a big fat spruce tree next to it that was alive. Yes. There is a God. And He didn't want my kitchen crushed by a dead tree. I sprouted a migraine right before they got here, of course! Riley made the macaroni salad (her first time!) solo while I was in bed moaning over the chainsaw. Actually, I barely hurt he chainsaw because I was passed out on Vicodin. The men grilled and SIL and MIL set out the food. I woke up just in time to eat. SWEET! The only way to entertain guests!

Sunday I skipped church. I was still awake at 5:30AM. Michael looked over at me (little did he know I JUST climbed into bed) and I was reading. He looked at the clock, looked at me, and I said, "Don't yell at me, I can't help it!" and he proceeded to go back to sleep and left me dozing. Is he not the best husband ever? Then he brought home DONUTS! Yeah. He's the best. Then Riley made coffee. Yeah, she takes after her daddy.

Shortly thereafter, I took my girls out for lunch and shoe shopping. We were going to Barnes and Noble, but the younger girls decided shoes in their size was more important. Jeez. I guess. Whatever. Scrunched toes never hurt anybody. We had such a great time. Maggie brought her camera, as always and took pictures of everywhere we go to share with Grammy. She took pictures of the restaurant. Of the moose outside the restaurant. Yes, a moose. (I wouldn't let her chase it down, so it's at a distance, but still.) Of us. Of the shoe racks at Payless. I'm not sure what else she took pictures of, but she's adorable. I'll share some of them with you soon.

Today, I had a bug up my butt to paint my fence. I wish I'd had Maggie take a before and after picture! It's amazing what a different a little paint can make. I love my house. It's a strange color and painting it isn't in my budget or tax bracket, so lime green it will stay. But the paint wore off the fence ages ago. Michael bought me a lovely can of paint and four brushes and away the kids and I went! That fence got painted! The moment Xander went down for his nap, we were out there. They thought I was going to let Xander paint with us. Tim wanted to wait for him to get up. HAH! It's bad enough the dog got some paint on his back and right ear. I don't even want to think what would happen with a 2 year old and a can of paint. Have mercy!

As I sit, tapping away at my beloved lap top, there is a window. Outside this window, there is a big tall spruce tree that the squirrels and birds like to visit. Michael put up a bird feeder for me yesterday, and the kids and I have been having a blast watching the chickadees and red polls coming and going. Emily walks around with The Birds of Alaska book identifying all the different species. There is just something so calming about watching the birds come and go.

So my fence is painted. My window boxes are painted. My violas are planted in the boxes. My super petunias are in their pots sitting on the fence. My double impatients are potted and hanging on either side of the lime green (ew) door. My yard is raked. I got ZERO reading done over the holiday. I have books stacked up that I want to read, books stacked up that I'm committed to read to review in the next couple weeks. Now that my yard is as pretty as it's gonna get, all I need is a big ass hammock and a tall glass of sweet tea, and I'm done for the summer!

And we took time to remember. Memorial Day isn't what it used to be, but it's important.

Oh! So I let Riley get a My Space page. Her cousin was showing her his, and I have one, and I decided what the heck. She's a smart kid. She knows how to be safe online. And her profile is private! She quickly figured out how to customize her own layout she's still tweaking, a playlist of some of her favorite music and so on... I have to have her tutor me! I have a few friends who only stay in touch via My Space. Ugh. I guess it's a part of our culture now. If you want to stop by, and say hi, just let her know you're one of my Blog Buddies. She'd love to hear from you, since I talk about you all the time she practically knows you!

posted by Terri at 5/26/2008 11:53:00 PM >7 comments

7 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS