Blog Ahoy!
________________________________________________________________ Long time no blog! Here are some pictures from Mother's Day. Aren't they cute?
Mother's Day was awesome. I decided to play hooky from church to give my children the opportunity to bring me breakfast in bed. Which they did! I didn't even ask them to! Honest! Emily made me eggs and Maggie made me coffee and toast and Timmy put it all on a tray. They all made me cards without prompting as well. *sigh* I cried after reading each one. And then we took MIL out to a swanky brunch out of town.
Birthday was great! A friend surprised me with dinner out. Michael gave me some lovely gifts such as.... Magnum PI on DVD! Okay, so we're old because the secretary at his office helped him wrap and she had no idea who Tom Selleck is. Poor deprived thing.
This afternoon sucked. The Mayor of Crazy Town accused SIL of child abuse. So two minutes after she dropped off Nephew, her lawyer called and said to go straight to child protection services. Which we did. What a crap way to spend the afternoon. My BIL is not a nice person. I dislike him greatly. Oh, and did I share with you all that in his 25 page affidavit where he accuses me of being an unfit parent, he also says I'm too fat to care for his child or any of mine. The next time he calls to talk to his son on a day he doesn't have visitation, I'm SO tempted to tell him that I haven't seen his son since I sat down on the couch. I do hope I haven't crushed him under my amazing girth. OR, "gee, you're lucky I can get up to answer the phone, because I'm soooooooo fat". No, I'm not a petite little flower. I'm a size 16/18. Somehow, I don't think my size has ever prevented me from caring for children.
Unfortunately, I've let his accusations of my neglectful parenting and that I'm too fat to function upset me alot lately. Even knowing he's a liar, it's still on an affidavit. It's in court papers that he's accusing me of neglecting my kids and being unable to care for Nephew. What's scary is, he seems to have convinced himself of the lies he comes up with. He lies about court dates, and custody agreements that are so easy to disprove. Yet he's still convinced he's telling the truth.
But The Mayor did us a favor tonight. After spending all day at CPS, my SIL comes home to find e-mails from him. And he e-mailed my in laws as well, claiming his lawyer wanted him to contact her to discuss how my SIL and I abuse him. He just violated his protection order! He's to have no contact with anyone but Michael to work out visitation times and days. Woot! He was already arrested once for e-mailing her which is in violation of the court order. SIL is headed to the Troopers tonight. Is it too much to hope that his bail will be revoked? Is it wrong of me to hope he enjoys a jail cell? I would think that since he said his lawyer told him to break his court order, that the Bar Association would like to know. Hmmmm.... Interesting.
Okay, that's all horribly ugly. I don't know HOW people manage to survive ugly custody battles. I feel guilty for having such anxiety about the situation when I'm just parallel to it.
I probably shouldn't be blogging this. But I'm not saying anything that isn't true. I'll probably delete in a few days, after I've come to my senses and feel better about getting all this off my chest. *sigh*
posted by Terri at
5/20/2008 09:40:00 PM>7 comments
7 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home