Xander Wants Timmy
________________________________________________________________ Xander peed twice on the potty this morning! Yay! He was naked the second time, and that seemed to motivate him. He's at the age where he can get dressed and undressed by himself and he enjoys that cool air on his booty. It just might be time to get those Lightning McQueen undies! Okay, that's probably getting ahead of the game, but I like to be prepared.
Last night, Timmy and Xander were so adorable. Timmy has always been a little overwhelming for Xan. He hugs too much, too tightly, getting in his personal space in general. I have told Tim that he needs to buzz off when Xander tells him to go away and not to let his feelings get hurt. They are close on occasion, but not consistently. If he starts to listen to Xander, he'll be more agreeable to his exuberant love. Hopefully. Thank goodness, it worked! Timmy understood at last that when Xander pushes him away, it doesn't mean he doesn't love him. It only means he needs some space. Xander even wanted Timmy to change his diaper and put his jammies on last night! That was definitely a first. Then then played choochoo train in an empty box. Not only was Xander happy to be kissed and hugged by Timmy, but he asked him to.
I've prayed SO hard for my boys to be close!! Timmy has waited for two years for his little brother to want to play with him and it's finally happened with certainty! Michael and his brother did not get along growing up. Being an only child, I don't know how the sibling thing works. I have no experience. I just know that I wanted the boys to be good friends. I think they are well on their way. *sob*!
Saturday Barnes and Noble is having another Dangerous Club for Boys based on that awesome book. Michael and Tim have been doing really well together too, and I hope that will help them grow even closer. I'm in a constant state of overflowing joy because my boys/men are getting along so well!
posted by Terri at
4/18/2008 11:41:00 AM>4 comments
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home