Our Governor Gives Birth
________________________________________________________________
I love our Governor! I had no idea she was expecting until she had her baby. I guess I've only seen pictures of her recently when she's been sitting down, signing things, or at meetings and such. I was one of those people you could tell was pregnant by looking at my face, not just my waistline. The former Mrs. Alaska didn't have that issue!
There was some uproar by an idiot (in my not so humble opinion) who was distressed because she gave birth to her baby with Down's Syndrome. This idiot claimed it would be a terrible burden on our state. She has insurance. She's got a job. Her husband has insurance and he has a good job. Am I missing something? Where is the burden exactly? She was back to work just three days after giving birth. What more could anyone ask of her? I think it's wonderful that their family chose to have their son, birth defects and all. I've always been impressed that she handles her family so well and she's a very successful governor.
Michael made this point. Would it have been anyone's business if it were a male governor and his wife gave birth to a baby with Down's? Would it have been anyone's business if they were expecting at all? In this day and age where we could (*gulp*) be looking at a female president, perhaps it's time we get over it.
I'm very proud of our governor. The fact that she's the first female doesn't factor into the equation for me. The fact that she's beautiful doesn't factor into it for me either. Although all the comments about "how hot" she is annoys me because she's so much MORE than that. It's degrading in my opinion. Look at what this person has accomplished for our state. Sad that sexism is alive and well.
posted by Terri at
4/22/2008 05:32:00 PM>6 comments
6 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home