::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


My Timmy ________________________________________________________________
My poor sweet Timmy... He gets headaches on occasion and he got one last night. They are usually brought on by dehydration. The little turkey does not like to drink water and I usually have to ride him like a bicycle to get him to drink. After dinner he got a serious tummy ache and just hugged the toilet bowl. He had a bath to kind of relax him. I've found that has helped. After he went to bed, he was moaning for me and then he threw up. I'm glad he had the foresight to bring a bowl with him upstairs. I ran upstairs to help him and he started crying because he threw up "the yummy dinner" I made. He just blows my mind. He's not crying because he just threw up, or his head hurt, but because of my dinner.

Today Timmy asked if he could play Wii. I told him math first. He threw a little mini fit. "Why do I always have to do school? I'll have to do school all summer too. I should just do 8 subjects today and never do anything else." Yeah, he can have a flair for the dramatic, hunh? I talked with him and explained to him how important school is, how good he is at it, and how it would be terrible to waste his clever little brain yada yada yada. A while later, I see him playing on the Wii. I ask him (very calmly I might add!) to come see me. I reminded him that he needed to do his math first. He said he did. And he showed me where he logged in to get his schedule for the day and found the workbook pages he was supposed to do, and took his assessment. I hugged him tight, hardly believing it. And he got every single answer correct. I didn't even know that he knew how to log in to get his lessons.

Timmy LOVES Garfield. He reads the books all the time. Creates his own comics, draws pictures, prints them out, acts out his favorite jokes. But he's kind of embraced Garfield a little too much. He thinks being lazy is funny. He'll complain about doing his chores for half an hour, but it only takes him five minutes to do them. He wants to drink coffee like Garfield and lasagna has replaced Chicken Curry as his favorite meal. Instead of becoming one with his inner Garfield, it was so nice to see him take responsibility with his school work that way and give up on emulating his favorite fat cat. I wonder if it will happen again? Hah!

posted by Terri at 4/15/2008 08:55:00 PM >4 comments

4 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS