|
|
It Can Always Be Worse...
________________________________________________________________
I don't have pneumonia! It's just bronchitis... Almost had to hospitalize me because my oxygen saturation was crappy, but I perked up after a nebulizer treatment. Like I was an asthmatic 78 year old woman or something. Hey, I love asthmatic 78 year old women as much as the next gal. I just don't like feeling like one at 37, feel me?
I went home happy as a lark with my drugs and my antibiotic and felt better today then I thought possible. I was so miserable yesterday, I was a pathetic sight to behold. Michael had to literally dress me and hold me up when we walked in the clinic. This PA, (interesting how physician's assistants seem to know more and/or be more helpful than physicians, no?) thinks my immune system is depressed and suggested certain vitamins. He did a flu test by swabbing my nose. WTH? I didn't know that was possible. And told me that once a woman's immune system is depressed, it's hard to perk it back up again because of our constantly fluctuating hormones. Yeah. I said HORMONES. Fluctuating! Gotta problem with that, buster? My hormones never fluctuate! Okay, total lie. I could have fluctuated just then.
MIL was actually saint like and brought us this taco soup for dinner, and some orange juice, Airborne to keep the rest of the family healthy, fresh fruit and most importantly, Xander diapers. My amazing daughter, Riley has been managing to feed us all this week along with making sure the children don't kill each other, so I think she appreciated the soup most of all!
Now my Michael is sick. He went to the doctor tonight. He must have really been feeling awful because it takes an act of Congress to get him to see the doctor. He's nearly as stubborn as I am that way. He has some kind of bacterial something or other and he has some antibiotics too. He's feverish and achy and it reminds him of when he had cellulitus and he's understandably paranoid he has it again. I think if he can get to sleep tonight, he'll be so much better in the morning, poor guy.
Now if I can slow my butt down (finished updating the database at the book review website, did a load of laundry, a few dishes, took care of my sweetie, did some more laundry all after getting the kids to bed) I think I'll be okay by Monday! I cannot believe how awesome I feel compared to yesterday... I love pharmaceuticals! Couple of cute kid moments I want to document for posterity:
Emily and Maggie's little friend has a birthday this weekend. Emily wanted to buy her her favorite candy bar, but forgot to save her money. Timmy (who has been saving every dime and birthday/Christmas money since his last birthday/Christmas because he talks me into buying baseball cards and gum for him instead) offered to buy it for her. This was sweet on so many levels, because he's a penny pincher, and Emily often picks fights with him and gets him in trouble.
Timmy changed Nephew's diaper and put him to bed on Tuesday while the girls were at State Testing and I was just starting to feel really ill. Of course, I helped, but it was his idea!
When getting Xander ready for bed, he likes to run around in his diaper yelling, "I'm 90 percent naked!" Well, WE know he's saying 90 percent. It might not sound like that to you, but that's what he's saying...
Emily spent two more hours than anyone else on her writing test trying to get it perfect. The teacher finally stopped her because it was getting a little nuts. She has her daddy's perfectionism and maybe a touch of mom's insecurity methinks. If she gets points for stubbornness... Oops! I mean persistence, then she's going to ace that thing! Daddy and I both gave her healthy doses of that!
I told Timmy that he can earn Wii time by reading two chapters in an Animorph or Encyclopedia Brown book. So he came in to lie down and read to me. I realized Animorphs was at a 5th grade reading level, but he could read it just fine. It was just a lot. So we're holding off on that and sticking with Mr. Brown. As he read with his head on my lap, I realized he felt warm. I took his temperature, and sure enough, he was at 100.9. Didn't act sick at all. I gave him a Tylenol and he went back to reading. Had some water. Rested a while and let me do the reading. He popped back up again like a cork. Nothing slows that boy down. Somedays, I wish I was Timmy! Read with my head in my Mom's lap with nothing slowing me down.
posted by Terri at
4/05/2008 01:14:00 AM

|
|
4 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home