::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


House of Viruses, How May I Infect You? ________________________________________________________________
Nothing new at The House of Bacterial Infections... other than Timmy is now on antibiotics. Michael took him to the doctor today. The doctor from Jordan whom I've mentioned before. I don't have issue with her faith, except when it interferes with her doing her job (remember Xander's circumcision?), but she just isn't that good of a doctor. She's okay, but not good. Of course she's the one that always has an opening, so she's the one we end up seeing the most. I took him in once for a bad bruise at the base of his toenail that looked infected. We didn't know if he dropped something on it or what. She had him get an X-ray. She'll order an X-ray at the drop of a hat because our insurance will pay for most it. That ticks me off. She ended up telling us to soak his foot 3 times a day and gave him an antibiotic. She's ordered X-rays for every child I take to her for anything from a cough to a stubbed toe.

We diagnosed Tim. He didn't need an X-ray today. He needed some antibiotics and possibly and inhaler because he's wheezing like me. He has all the same symptoms Michael and I had. Listen to his lungs like the doc did for Michael and I. After two hours of running back and forth to radiology and so on, she prescribed him the same antibiotic and inhaler I'm using, and Michael used. Dork. Then she didn't send in the proper paperwork and didn't get back to the pharmacy, so they couldn't fill it. Dork. Then she wouldn't give him the antibiotic in pill form "because he is too young to know how to swallow pills". Um, pardon me. He takes pills just fine. Wouldn't his parents know better? Dork. Swallowing liquid medicine on the other hand, makes him barf. Which he did. He barfed $50.00 worth of antibiotics all over the carpet because A. she wouldn't prescribe him pills and B. she didn't send in the proper paperwork so we had to buy it on an emergency basis out of pocket. She's very nice. Very soft spoken and kind. I'm sure she's had a hard time adjusting to our country and our ways. BUT HOLY FREAKING HECK! YOU'VE BEEN A DOCTOR HOW LONG? YOU'VE BEEN HERE HOW LONG? FIGURE IT OUT, WOMAN!

Ordering unnecessary X-rays. Screwing up paperwork and prescriptions nearly every time we see her. Refusing to listen to us regarding medication. Grrrr.

Sorry. I needed to vent here. I'm usually very easy going about all of this. I just roll with it. It's not the pharmacy's fault. The doctor is busy. I'm really good at making excuses for other people when they inconvenience me. But Michael had to deal with all of this today and he came home pissed which had a domino affect on the rest of us and it was not fun.

And I'm still sick. And that makes Michael cranky too which stresses me out, and stresses the children out. And my SIL, bless her heart, has come late to pick up her son for a week and a half. 7:30, 8:30, whatever. We're sick! The house is a mess. Laundry is piled up to my belly button. The kitchen is as clean as my 10 year old can get it (I'll let your imagination run with you there) and I'm still in bed 80% of the day because I'm too effing wiped to get up and take care of stuff. I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher tonight and I thought I would collapse afterwards. Would you want to leave your kid here? Should I be flattered that she'd still rather bring him here than my MIL's? I'll just look at it that way for now.

One fantastic thing about being sick (okay the only fantastic thing) is that I've read a lot of books. Probably a book a day. Now I've got to review them, and I've seem to have lost my muse. My favorite book of the week has got to be Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. I stayed up all night reading that one. Yowza! I really, really hope she writes another.

posted by Terri at 4/10/2008 12:34:00 AM >3 comments

3 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS