|
|
Xander the Hungry Potty Using Hippo
________________________________________________________________
Mayor of Crazy Town called 15 minutes late today for his appointed time to call Nephew. He isn't supposed to talk to me on the phone. I'm just supposed to hand off the phone to Nephew when I see his number on the caller ID, but this is a 2 year old we're talking about. He needs some guidance. So I answered the phone and The Mayor immediately went on in a whiny pathetic voice about how he was at a doctor's appointment and could only talk for a minute. I told him he was getting ready for a nap and handed off the phone. Nephew didn't say much. I prompted him a lot to say hi to daddy and tell daddy you love him. He managed a "Hi, Daddy" and that was all. I just hung up after I couldn't get him to say goodbye. The Mayor wouldn't hang up and it kept my phone line open for a while. Weirdo.
Tomorrow he has another visitation. I get almost as nervous as SIL does. I freakin' hate it.
Yesterday I went to the doctor. She's trying me on some new migraine meds and increasing my BP meds because it's supposed to have preventative qualities. Which is good, because my BP was higher than it's been since I first started taking it. I still get these heart flutters. I forgot to mention that part. Heh.
She's having me get a CT scan for my migraines. I've never had one for my brain before and it will be nice to see there's A. Something in this cranium of mine. And B. that I don't have a tumor causing my migraines for the past 20 years. I'm not sure my co-pay will be worth finding out those two things though. It seems like if I had a tumor causing my migraines, I'd have another symptom by now...
Today was a really great day though. Got a little school done with the kids. Emily is a phenomenal speller, but has no confidence with her reading. She's so cute. She's afraid if she guesses what sound is in a word, that she's cheating. She thinks guessing isn't really knowing how to actually read. The other night, she read a Max and Ruby book to Xander and came down to tell us about it. A confession of sorts, because she "guessed a lot of the words". She has State Testing next week, and I really hope I can get her to realize she is indeed reading and doing a fine job of it! I can't see how she can be such a good speller and not a good reader. Timmy on the other hand is a great reader, but an okay speller and his handwriting is awful!
Random acts of cuteness...
Xander and Nephew (jeez, I almost used his real name and it's a lot shorter than "Nephew") went outside to play with the other kids for a while today. When they came in, they wanted a snack. They kept requesting a snack over and over. Xander climbed up on my lap and I asked if he was a hungry hippo. You know, like the game? Now when he wants something to eat, he puts his hands on my face and says, "Mama, I a hungry hippo." Sakes, he's so darn cute.
Next random act of cuteness...
Maggie was getting him ready for bed, changing his diaper. He likes to run around in just his diaper and sing, "I'm naked! I'm naked!". He did his naked dance for us, and then he sat down for Maggie to put on his diaper. Then she screams and jumps up. He peed in her general direction. Riley asked if he had to use the potty, and he said he did indeed. So off all the kids ran and Xander plopped himself on the potty and he peed away to a cacophony of sibling and parental applause. Daddy gave him a piece of candy. So he spent the next 10 minutes trying to convince us that he had to go potty again to get more candy. This is our first real success at home! He went for Riley once when we were at Barnes and Noble, but that was the only real time he's performed. I think we might be having a break-through folks! Yahoo!!
Maggie recovered from her case of the giggles from being peed on. I'm not sure she'll be volunteering to change another diaper any time soon though.
No. I am not above bribing my son with candy so he'll use the toilet. After five kids, I'd give him a Hershey bar every time if I thought it would work.
posted by Terri at
3/26/2008 11:40:00 PM

|
|
5 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home