::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


When it Rains...Get an Umbrella ________________________________________________________________
I didn't go to the doctor, but I seem to be getting better. With my fever and junky cough, I was afraid I was getting pneumonia again. That would be Bad. Mustn't allow that!

Crazed BIL keeps calling our house, although not as insistently as he calls SIL. What a nutcase. The troopers called once more. Why he isn't in trouble for filing false police reports, I don't know. SIL is a pillar of strength through it all. I don't know how she manages. Restraining order goes before the judge tomorrow and she changed her cell phone number.

I finally read The Quilter's Apprentice. I finished it a few hours ago. I hopped up out of bed (like I was going to sleep anyway!) after a bout of tears and felt like I just had to write SIL an e-mail about how much she means to me, and how glad I am that our relationship has grown in the last few months. After that outpouring of emotion, I really couldn't sleep! I'm such a wuss. That book brought out so much regret over family stuff (Grandma) and sisterly stuff (being an only child, SIL is as close as it gets) and I didn't want to let another moment pass. Holding on to regret is something I'm prone to do, so this was a good step and worth the sleepless night.

Besides, today I'll have a great excuse to drink coffee all morning so I'll stay awake to sleep properly tonight! That's my plan, and it's worked lately.

The Boy is back. Apparently for Spring Break. Who sees him first? Why, Maggie of course. She's a brave little thing, but seeing him makes her feel confused. I really wish I could have prepared her first. Is letting us know he's coming really that much to ask? I asked her how she felt when she saw him and she said, "If he comes near me, I'll deck him!" Of course she was trying to be cute and funny, and probably say what she thought I wanted to hear, but I could see behind her facade. Tonight she stayed up an extra hour and snuggled on the couch between Riley and I. The three of us needed to be close.

I recently discovered Emily had a problem with The Boy too. Any sympathy I sometimes manage to foster for him is gone now. Lord help him (and me) if he crosses my path. I'm not in a forgiving state of mind. The Boy is almost a man now and with adulthood comes adult consequences should he make another bad decision.

Regret. It's not a pretty thing, is it?

Soon, my darlings will be up and another day will start. Breakfasts to make. School work to be done. Nephew to care for. Life goes on. So do I.

posted by Terri at 3/11/2008 06:44:00 AM >7 comments

7 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS