::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Someone Remove These Cranky Pants I Have On! ________________________________________________________________
...Preferably Gerard Butler, but I'm sure he won't receive my request in time.

If I didn't know better from the date on the little birth control pills I'm taking, I'd say I have a monster case of PMS. If I hear "mama" one more time, I think I'm going to flip my lid. Timmy will not stop babbling. I love his constant running commentary of every little thing. Except today. He even talks to me while he's using the bathroom. "Mama, did you know..." "Mama, did you forget I wanted special time this weekend?" "Mama, would you come in here a minute?" "Mama, how much toilet paper do we use in a week?" AHHHHHH!

My thoughtful sweet teenager is sitting on the couch vegetating when she should be doing her chores or algebra and I know if I open my mouth to remind her of this, I'm going to say something I might regret.

I finally shuffled all the kiddos outside for a brief ten minutes of quiet. Ahhhh... That's a lot better! Six children can make a lot of noise! I don't have my husband's or SIL's gene of being able to completely tune everything out. Noise and chaos shoot into my brain and eventually I can hear Scotty from engineering on the Starship Enterprise in my head saying, "Captain, I'm not sure how much more she can handle!" in that lovely Scottish brogue.

The Mayor had Nephew again today, so I looked forward to sleeping in. Timmy had other plans. Which was actually cool. I was looking forward to getting some school work done with them, which I did. Out of sheer stubbornness, I stayed in my bathrobe while I did it because I didn't have company coming. After I finished reading and spelling with Emily, I started dozing off. So I made an executive decision to take a nap. Shortly thereafter, Maggie runs in with the phone. Michael was on his way home and was hoping I would whip up a sandwich for him. Not a problem. So I head out to the kitchen and try to come up with something delicious. I'm still in my robe. The doorbell rings. I think it's him since I've been keeping the door locked with The Mayor on the loose and all. No. It's my SIL. It's 1PM and I'm in my freakin' bathrobe. I feel like such a slug.

I had the whole family over last night for MIL's birthday. The house looked so nice 24 hours ago. Now it's trashed.

Tonight is Date Night! Yay, right? Usually, hells yes. But this mood should not be inflicted on those I love. I don't think Michael should be forced to deal with my snarky. I haven't even taken a shower so my hair will be all fresh and nice, not to mention my other parts. If I go anywhere, it's going to be in this ponytail. My ponytail makes me feel like a slug too.

My friend, Shawna called. She's a single mom of 4, trying really hard to make it. She works with Michael. Her fuel bill about did her in this month and she's trying so hard to stay off food stamps. Some A-Hole backed into her car on her way to the pawn shop. She needed money for groceries. Last night she ended up in the hospital from all her stress over the accident, and the insurance companies and trying to feed her family. But she refuses to take any money from us. I wish I were that proud. I've taken help whenever anyone has offered it, and I was humbled by it, but I surely took it! So I put a bag of groceries together for her with an envelope of cash and Michael and I are going to do a Ding Dong Ditch! I think that will make me feel a lot better than Gerard Butler.

posted by Terri at 3/28/2008 05:57:00 PM >4 comments

4 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS