More Drama in Crazy Town
________________________________________________________________
Yowza! Lots 'o stuff happening around here!
Michael volunteered my help for the North American Sled Dog Races again this year. I was the official timer for the 9 mile check point, I'll have you know! That went on for three days, Friday through Sunday. It was a lot of fun. It was a lot warmer than last year and I was paired up with my buddy Shawna. The dogs were amazing! I don't get to see them race by much because I'm concentrating on taking the time and doing the math so Shawna can call it on and announce it on air.
I don't know how Michael deals with the drama of working at that place. I was put in the middle constantly between Shawna and another lady I'm friends with. Fussing and fighting over things that don't matter a lick in the scheme of things. But I get caught right up in the drama, trying to work everything out and make sure justice is served when really I should do what Michael does and ignore it all until it blows over.
Sunday night, SIL was coming over with dinner and a roast she cooked as a thank you for putting her and her boys up for a few days. She's so sweet. But I came down with a sudden migraine a half hour before she came over and I was in bed until this afternoon. It's been a long time since I've had one so bad.
So she's sharing the house with The Mayor of Crazy Town, BIL. This morning, he tried to keep her from bringing Nephew here, and he literally tried to pull him out of her arms and they played tug of war. With the baby. He took her phone away and wouldn't let her call anyone. Her lawyer didn't call her back today. She doesn't know what to do. Her first restraining order she tried to file was denied because it didn't fit the statute.
I'm scared for her. Literally afraid. He tries to come in her room in the middle of the night. She's taken to sleeping on the floor in front of the door to block it. Sure she could get a lock, but it escalates his anger. Besides, it's a thin balsa wood door. He'd break it down in no time, lock or no. He refuses to acknowledge that she is divorcing him.
I have a friend who's sister was murdered by her husband she was divorcing. I'm terrified for SIL. I don't know what to do for her. BIL doesn't want her to bring Nephew here because he doesn't feel welcome. He's completely unstable.
I'm calling her in the morning to check on her to make sure everything is okay, so BIL will hopefully let her bring Nephew. My MIL is coming back into town in a couple of days. I don't know how much help she will be though because her way of handling things is DENIAL. Pretend everything is fine and ignore the bad stuff. SIL has to go out of town for a week, and she doesn't want her husband to have the boys at all. She wants her mom to keep the older boys and we'll keep the youngest.
I thought writing about this would help, but I'm feeling another flippin' migraine coming on. I can't help SIL if I'm migraining. It's a wonder she isn't in bed with a migraine! But she doesn't want to be home alone with BIL. Poor thing... I wish I could do more...
posted by Terri at
3/18/2008 06:12:00 PM>8 comments
8 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home