::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Day Two in the Sick Ward ________________________________________________________________
I have 5 kids all hopped up on cold medicine. Pray for me. This could get ugly...

Maggie is the only well child. And she loves taking care of sick people. Me? I want to wear rubber gloves and a face mask. I'm washing my hands after touching anything and I'm in a panic because I'm running out of hand sanitizer! Not my Mags. She is taking Emily's temperature every few hours, bringing her a cold cloth for her head, making sure everyone has juice. She is the sweetest thing. Now she can't decide if she wants to work at the party store as a clown when she grows up, or if she wants to be a doctor. She thinks she might work as a clown to get her through medical school. It's never too early to start planning your future. So I let her stay up an extra hour with me tonight and we watched The X-Files. Yes, I reward this sweet behavior by warping her psyche. And you thought I was a good mom!

Nephew is staying over for a few days. The boy can make snot. I've never seen so much snot come out of one person in my life. Where does it come from? Does he have a snot manufacturing machine somewhere? When he wears long sleeves, his cuffs are stiff with it. I'm constantly chasing him around with a tissue. The kid can hustle. Why is it that a 2 year old can run faster than a 37 year old? It's just not right. God's sense of humor again. I wish He had stuck with the platypus.

Timmy keeps saying he's fine, but he's still glassy eyed and has a bad cough. I'm letting him play on the computer way too much, but it's the only thing that will keep him still long enough to let his body rest.

Riley is pretty snotty herself, but thankfully she uses tissues. And even throws them away! Bonus.

Xander is coughing, but so far no fever. And he hasn't adopted his cousins freakish snot making ability. It cracks me up to listen to their conversations.

"Uh oh."

"What happened?"

"I dropped it."

"Oh, no. "

"It's okay. I'll pick it up. Want to watch me?"

"Yeah. Where's my cup?"

"You left it by the toys."

"The car toys?"

"No, the airplane."

"Oh, thanks."

"You're welcome."

"Found it!"

Yes, this fascinates me. I actually sit there and marvel at their discussions. I admire their use of vocabulary and their politeness. I could study them for hours. I have found myself wanting to take notes.

I really need to get out of the house, don't I?

posted by Terri at 3/07/2008 12:27:00 AM >2 comments

2 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS