Xander's Socks
________________________________________________________________
So I go up to tuck the kids in. Xander hears me on the stairs and says, "Tuck me in first," so I do. Because he's cute and I can't resist him and the other kids didn't hear me come upstairs yet anyway. Usually he wants me to read him his Batman book even after Timmy has already read it to him a few dozen times, bless his big brotherly heart.
No, this time, we had a sock issue to deal with. I don't know where his socks disappear to. I never lost his baby socks, and these are only slightly larger, so where the hell are they? I guess he pulls them off when he feels the fuzz between his toes are building up or something and an elf comes and takes them, I don't know... Being that it was so slightly frigid in the house today, I had him in two pairs. One of his own, and a pair of his brothers.
I leaned over his crib to kiss him and he had his naked foot stuck up in the air waving it around. "Sock," he said. I told him he was missing a sock. He said that he knew that. I get such a kick out of him responding to me like he has to be patient because his mommy is a little slow on the uptake. I love our long conversations like this. I better be careful though because soon he'll really think I'm daft.
So I found another pair of Xander sized socks in his crib, and put one on his naked foot. He protests. I take the big sock off his other foot and begin to put his Xander sized sock on that foot so he'll match. He's still protesting, so I ask him to show me. He pulls off the left sock and puts the right sock on his left foot and then puts his left sock on the right. I don't know what the difference was, but it sure seemed important to him at the time.
posted by Terri at
2/06/2008 12:04:00 AM>5 comments
5 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home