::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


We're Human Popscicles ________________________________________________________________


It's been an interesting day.

Michael got up every couple of hours last night to baby the furnace and keep the water pressure up so the pipes don't freeze. Normally I can't sleep right up next to him because he gives off so much heat he gets sweaty. It was so lovely to spoon up next to him last night!

We all slept in because who wants to get up and out of a warm snuggly bed?

When we do get up after 9, Michael starts fretting about the furnace and getting a new one. I'm oddly calm. These matters just always have a way of working out. Of course they work out because he frets over it, but I have the utmost confidence in him. Poor guy. Too bad I've forgotten to get my blood pressure meds refilled, because he probably needs them!

Then the power goes out. He calls to get the repair report. It will be almost an hour before they get anyone out there, and then a couple hours on the outside to get it fixed. Michael really starts fretting now. Now power, no furnace. No furnace, pipes freeze. That's a complication I don't even want to contemplate. He goes into town to hunt down a kerosene heater and I snuggle with the kids in bed and delight in the body heat. My nose is really cold though.

Like a dork, I was washing most of the fleece pants and pullovers and such last night. I had to run the jeans through the drier a few times and never got around to putting the wash in the drier when they were done before bed. Any procrastination is bad. Make a note.

The power is back on. Obviously! We're all snuggling under piles of blankets. Emily and Timmy are on one couch under five of six of their favorite blankets. I'm under two afghans and Riley and Jack (the dog has been attached to my butt since yesterday) are next to me and Maggie is next to her. Xander is taking a nap upstairs where all the heat rises and he's probably the snuggliest of us all.

This has kind of been a fun adventure. As long as the furnace holds out, I'm good. I'll keep baking in the kitchen and that keeps it warm in there. It's been a hoot to all climb into my bed and talk and read and play.

I mentioned to someone on my book group how cold it was outside and she said it was 78 where she was. In Florida. She then joked about how silly it is for me to complain about the cold when I live in Alaska. That's like her complaining about the heat. This is true. I'm not complaining though. Honest! I'm... sharing! This isn't a regular occurence for most people, even in Alaska. Most of us have good working furnaces and newer less drafty houses.

Jeez! I'm most worried about the turtle right now. I'm afraid she's going to hibernate, or freeze to death, even with her heat pad and light. It probably hasn't been good for her with as cool as we normally keep it in the house to conserve fuel. Maybe I should find a new temporary home for her for a while...

Oh my gosh. Timmy and Emily are so adorable right now. They are snuggled right up together (I'm really using that word a lot, aren't I?) and his head is practically on her shoulder and she's letting him!

I don't know how much school we'll be doing today. I think it might be a movie day. No one would blame me, right?

posted by Terri at 2/06/2008 12:35:00 PM >4 comments

4 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS