|
|
Partying Through High Blood Pressure
________________________________________________________________
I stopped taking my blood pressure meds a few weeks ago. I called in the prescription, and forgot to ask Michael to pick it up for me. Then they re-stocked it. I forgot to call it back in. I felt good, so I figured I'd just let well enough alone. I so hate taking medication, and it's been two years since I had Xander. I feel good. Things are great. I should be fine, right? Yeah, just FINE.
Along with my weird hot flashes, I've had a tightness in my chest and my heart rate starts fluttering. I thought it was just stress or a real mild panic attack or something. After church, we went to Fred's. They have a blood pressure machine, so Michael dragged me over and stuffed my arm in while I was telling him how "fine" I was. I was babbling away to Xander and Michael while it squeezed the pudding out of me. It was 145/99. Hmmm. That couldn't be right. Besides, I was supposed to be quiet while it ran through so I did some deep breathing and closed my lips for a minute and tried again. It was 150/100. So I called in my prescription when we got home. Crap on a cracker.
You know how last week was my SIL's birthday? I was sick as a dog so all my plans went by the wayside. She's had a rough week dealing with her bi polar (refuses to be medicated and admit he's bi polar) soon to be ex husband and that roller coaster. I had the bright idea of giving her a surprise party to cheer her up. Michael wanted to get the school room cleared out and put the desks back in there and actually use it for a school room instead of a storage closet for school materials. Hah! What an idea. So SIL volunteered to come help. She had to take an overnight road trip for her job and I kept Ian and told her to come by in the afternoon to get him and help her brother then. Hehehe. So I invited the in-laws, Michael decorated with balloons and streamers, I made the Black Russian Cake and pulled pork for sandwiches. You should have seen her face! She was up all night and was going on just a couple hours sleep, but she was still coming over with her teenage boys to help us out. I wish I had my camera when she walked in and saw the party! It was flippin' priceless! This one is almost as good... Yes, she blew them all out too! Want to really surprise someone? Invite them over a week after their birthday!
I had wanted to get her the movie Waitress since Christmas, but everywhere kept selling out. It has Nathan Fillion, she loves him. It was a real girl power kind of movie and with her freaky soon to be ex husband, I just had a feeling she needed some "My Husband Is an Asshole I'm Gonna Divorce Him Pie". (If you saw the movie, you'd know what I was talking about...) Michael tracks down the movie and runs down to get it for her gift. What does SIL walk in with? "Oh, I just watched this. You'll love it! Want to borrow it?" Dude. SO funny. I wonder what gift I can get her that she already owns next?
 SIL burst into tears a few times last night telling everyone this was the best birthday she's ever had in all her 30 years. How humbling is that? I love her to pieces, and I'm so glad that we've become close again. She sent Michael and Riley and I all text messages this morning during church (Oops! Glad we all remembered to turn our phones to vibrate or the pastor would have heard Gwen's "Wind it Up") thanking us and telling us how much it meant to her. Such a small thing on our part, and it meant the world to her... She deserves so much more in life. I hope she finds happiness and contentment soon. Isn't she gorgeous? She's just the prettiest thing with her fair skin and awesome hair (that you can't see, because she has it pulled up)... Can I look like her when I grow up?
Tomorrow, hopefully I'll remember to post pictures of the boys' haircuts! My MIL took them to the barber for me last week (still no van). Wow what a difference hair can make! And wow, how nice MIL is still a pod person! Let's hope the alien who has taken over her body sticks around!
posted by Terri at
2/24/2008 04:57:00 PM

|
|
2 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home