I Still Heart Nancy Drew
________________________________________________________________ I thought I'd torture Claire 23 with a picture of the boys playing Wii. Some days I'm tempted to pack it up and send it to Claire! Then we have a cute moment when Timmy shows his little brother how to play baseball. Xander is actually pretty good at tennis too. Yipes!
I waste so much time when I get up early. SIL was late picking up nephew last night which was no big deal! They got to eat dinner with us, which was nice! As she was leaving she said she'd be late tomorrow because she has to take her truck in early. She didn't want to bring nephew over too early, so she was just going to take him with her. To a greasy garage to have her truck worked on? She is a brave, brave soul. I wouldn't want to be stuck with a toddler waiting anywhere let alone anywhere near axle grease and air compressors! I told her to bring him on over. So I was up at 7AM. Duuuude.
You'd think I would have lots of extra time to get things done being up so early wouldn't you? That would make sense, right? Not me. No, my brain is just now waking up. Six hours later. I'm just not right, am I?
I have a confession to make. I read a Nancy Drew book yesterday. It was actually a lot of fun. That Nancy was a lot more reckless then I remember! Taking on a ring of furniture thieves who caught her and locked her in the closet. Thank goodness these books were written in the 50's because a lot more than that would have happened in this day and age. Of course Nancy finds a way to break out of the closet using her common sense. If she'd used common sense initially, she wouldn't have had to break out of the closet because she wouldn't have gone to investigate in a dangerous situation. Silly Nancy! I still adore her though. I just see her differently now that I'm an adult with a nearly Nancy aged child of my own. I plan on reading more in the series just for fun. How weird does that make me?
I was pretty disappointed in that book, but it sparked my interest in Nancy Drew all over again. I think Nancy is still fairly relevant and has something to teach us. I'm talking about original Nancy. With her zippy little blue roadster convertible making instant friends everywhere she goes, impeccable manners and Hannah the housekeeper cooking delicious comfort food. Not the new fangled modernized Nancy. Although it might be interesting to read one and compare.... Hmmm... I sense a project on the horizon!
posted by Terri at
2/08/2008 12:59:00 PM>7 comments
7 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home