::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


I Braved the Cold to Vote! ________________________________________________________________
I didn't think I was going to do it... I thought I would wait and see if Michael made it home in time to take me to vote. But my SIL (who did brave the cold and bring my nephew over) called a couple times. First to complain about who her mother was voting for and to ask me who I was voting for. Then she called to tell me that the polling place moved and the line was all the way around the building. At -45! That's pretty darn awesome. I'm proud of our country and that people are getting out there.

Not that I was thrilled with my choices. My first choice was a gentleman and backed out. Still makes me cry when I think about it. In fact, I wasn't completely sure who I was going to vote for until I circled his name. Yes, we had paper ballets and a pen to circle the name and a cardboard box to stick our folded piece of paper in. I felt like I was voting for homecoming king. So we'll see what happens and how hard I'll have to hold my nose when we vote again.

When Michael came home, he realized how cold the house really was. He didn't think I was exaggerating, (yeah, right) he just thought I'm always cold anyway and this was no different. Xander was sporting a lovely fleece jacket, mittens and a hat and socks inside his Lightening McQueen slippers but he hated keeping the mittens on and his little hands were red. Emily was wearing two shirts under her fleece pullover and Riley kept the hood on her sweatshirt on all day. After school, I took a nap. My brain couldn't function when it was cold. So, realizing that I wasn't exaggerating and that we could almost see our breath in the living room, he called our furnace guy. They decided the boiler is cracked and we need a new one. But we can't replace it at these temperatures. And unless he gets a call in our area, sorry Charlie, he can't come out. But when he does get a call to our area, he thinks he can limp us through until spring. I guess that's good news?

I don't know... He's on the phone with him again and they are talking about bleeding pipes and other scary things.

Oh, sweet Claire23 gifted me with a blog award! I need to talk all about that because I love that little Irish lassie, but as fast as I'm typing, my fecking fingers are still cold! I need another cup of coffee, but it cools off before I can drink in the warmth!

Oh great! One of my charming children taught Xander to say, "whatever". Niiice!

posted by Terri at 2/05/2008 10:17:00 PM >3 comments

3 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS