Encyclopedia Brown Time
________________________________________________________________
Best moment of the day so far?
Timmy sitting next to me reading ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN aloud so "I could help him with the hard words". I love it.
I did have to bribe him though... I wanted him to read something other than Garfield books. Not that Garfield books are bad! In fact they have really helped him with his reading a lot and given him confidence. Garfield is great! I just wanted him to expand his horizons a bit. And he's read every Garfield book we have. Many times. So I told him if he finishes ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN, I'll buy him a chocolate cupcake from the cafe at Barnes and Noble when we go for Dumbledore's Army on Tuesday. I usually do anyway, but now he'll have a guarantee. And he said he would read it anyway, because he really likes it. So who are we fooling? Hah!
So I left the house yesterday. Uh hunh. You can save your applause. It would be too embarrassing. I get anxious about going to new places alone too. Yup, I have some iSSSSues. Don't we all?
You know you have a big family when the cashier at Sam's Club sees you coming with your overflowing cart and his job drops.
posted by Terri at
2/13/2008 12:05:00 PM>5 comments
5 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home