Sucky Sinuses
________________________________________________________________
Yes, my sinuses are giving me fits again. Why? Oh probably because it was -40 for a while and then suddenly the next morning it was -5. Who needs sinus surgery? I think my face will pop apart all on it's own! I live in exactly the wrong place for a person with sinus issues. The temperatures kill me.
Sis in law kept her son today, so that was nice because Riley and Maggie are feeling crummy too. The world is about to spin off it's axis because all the heavy hitters are down for the count!
I did some research on sinus infections yesterday. I already took a round of antibiotics a couple weeks ago. I don't want to ride that train any more than necessary. My allergies make my sinuses an infection playground anyway because they are always irritated. Making sure to take decongestants and drinking lots of water to keep the mucous thin so it won't trap bacteria is my main objective. Sorry. I know. Mucous is gross. I still owe my sinus doc hundreds of dollars for all the CT scans. I can't keep having scans. I have to kick this stuff in the butt. I really, really don't want surgery. I haven't heard many success stories. If you have one, please share!
Basically, the pain gets to me the most. Nothing can kill my sinus headache. Flonase, or Zertec D are great, but it doesn't relieve the pressure. Advil? Nada. Tylenol? That's like putting a band aid on a sucking chest wound. Michael talked me into taking half a percoset (I hate those buggers) and all it did for me was not mind the pain so much, but I could still feel it. Who wants to feel it? I want to get rid of it!
And the whackadoo dreams I had! Sakes! I wish I could remember all the details! Part was about a boyfriend (this was a dream like a movie, it was me, but it wasn't, you know?) and we were on a ship. Lots of things happened. He lost his memory. Or he died? I was sick with grief trying to find out what happened. He was really cute too. A blonde preppy sporty type. I think I was a blonde preppy sporty type too. Which was nice because I always wanted to be a sporty type. I've been the other type to some degree, but never sporty. There was a whale or a shark involved somehow. I know I was underwater in some submarine or something. Me? Who is afraid of deep water and doesn't know how to swim? Yeah, right. I was investigating something. There were dead bodies in the water. Nice! I guess the underwater thing was because my head feels like it's full of water and my ears want to pop. Either way... weird! My subconscious was on overtime. Out of left field dreams. Brought to you today by the drug that lets you feel pain, you just don't seem to care, Percoset.
The best part about having sucky sinuses? Timmy kept making me Garfield comics and printing them out at Garfield.com to make me feel better. And Emily would make me tea and she brought the lap top to me. Xander kept coming in to "snug" with me. I have some pretty sweet kiddoes.
Oh, and thanks for the ideas about books for Maggie and ways to help her find her spot in the world! I always appreciate it, and so does she.
posted by Terri at
1/17/2008 01:51:00 AM>2 comments
2 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home