::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Sad Day in Terri-Land ________________________________________________________________
First I find out that Fred Thompson withdrew his candidacy for president (who the heck am I going to vote for now? Mickey Mouse?).

Then I find out Heath Ledger died of what is likely an accidental overdose. Hello? Did Marilyn Monroe teach us nothing? Granted, poor Heath didn't sleep with a president and his brother and know government secrets, but still. How heartbreaking! Such talent. Such potential. It's a crying shame.

I did manage to cheer myself up a bit when my husband came to rescue me from a house full of 6 children who have all been trying to talk to me simultaneously for days. My ears are so tired. I can't even tell you how busy my brain gets trying to decipher who tried to talk first or if anyone's information trumps someone else's due to bleeding or possible swallowing of harmful objects. So I spent a few hours at Barnes and Noble and the heavens opened up as I walked through the door, I swear to you!

I had a very proud moment at B&N. One of the managers who runs Dumbledore's Army (the Harry Potter book group) asked me how old Riley is. I told her 15. She said she it was really too bad she wasn't 16. She didn't want to ask at the book group last week in front of the other kids, but she was hoping she would want to work there. I almost choked on my Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Riley is counting down the days until she's 16. Not so she can drive. So she can apply for a job at Barnes and Noble. And the manager thought she'd need my help talking her into it! Hah! So, I'm pretty proud of my girl that she's made a good enough impression on the managers there that they already want her to work there.

I was worried because last week for the book group, Michael took all 3 girls down very early while I stayed home with the 3 boys. Riley was in charge of both girls (who can sometimes get a little excited, but are basically well behaved) and one of the other managers asked where I was, and she told him she was on her own and he thought that was great that they wanted to hang out there. Whew!

That was definitely the highlight of my day. Well, that and kisses from Xander and Timmy and snuggles with Maggie and Emily, naturally!

posted by Terri at 1/23/2008 01:09:00 AM >6 comments

6 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS