Oh My Gravy
________________________________________________________________
It's after 6AM. I still haven't been to sleep. In fact Tim woke up about an hour and a half ago and his head is on my lap and I'm turned to use the lap top propped up on the arm of the couch.
Oh.
My.
Heck.
My body is so screwed up!
Got a cold after my sinus infection. Slept most of two days. Poor Riley took care of everyone including her cousin! Last night (night before last?) I took a pill to help me sleep and get back on a regular schedule. I forgot why I stopped taking that pill. It makes me loopy as hell. I was not lucid and fully awake until past noon. But at least then I was happy. I like that the pill makes me happy, just not that it makes me stupid.
SIL came over tonight. Her boys just got home from visiting their dad. Her "husband" is being awful, and she needed family. Company. A safe place to be where she felt loved. So she brought pizza and Michael brought pizza and we watched a movie after getting the littlest ones to bed.
1:30AM and she asked if we wanted to watch another movie. The girl is lonely I think. Her boys were weary from traveling (they got off the plane 3 hours before coming to my house!) and they went home. I wish she stayed in a way. She's been on my mind all evening.
And here I've sat.
I read about insomnia the other day. It said to get up at the same time in the morning to set your internal clock. YEAH! Right! That's gonna happen.... I will be taking a nap tomorrow... er... today. Bet your bippy on that.
It also said not to go to bed until you're ready to fall asleep. Don't read in bed (aw MAN! reading in bed is my favorite) or anything other than sex and sleeping.
That's why I'm still sitting here, dangit!
I hear Michael telling people on the phone that he's going to trade me in because I'm sick so much. Well, geezlouise. Yes, I am more susceptible to colds then the average person. Yes, I get migraines and sinus infections. But I think I'm still doing pretty okay. I know he's joking. But it gives me a complex.
All right. Will not think about all the things I could be doing better. Like the kids' school.
Or cleaning the house. When was the last time I vacuumed out the couch? Uh.... No idea.
Ooops.
I wasn't going to think about those things.
Since Riley really went above and beyond the call of duty for a typical teenager (really she's so atypical it's amazing!) we're seeing a movie tomorrow and going shopping at Old Navy and Barnes and Noble. That's going to be an all day thang, I'm telling you right now. And I can't believe I'm probably going to be a zombie through most of it.
I don't know what's wrong with me... I guess I'm just quirky like this. So roll with the Terri Train or step off.
Heh. That sounded pretty good.
I discovered Lily Allen's video "Smile" while sleep eluded me. Oh my.... It makes me think of what I'd love to do to my SIL's wayward husband! Too awesome! Okay, it's a little mean, but trust me. He deserves that and more. Check it out if you have a few minutes.
posted by Terri at
1/05/2008 06:12:00 AM>3 comments
3 Comments:
<$BlogItemComments$>-
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
-
<$BlogCommentBody$>
-
<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment
<< Home