::Serendipity::



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


It's a Brand New Year ________________________________________________________________
Okay, so can anyone tell me what the heck happened to 2007? It was here and gone in the blink of an eye. I wasn't even pregnant! Usually I have to be pregnant or have a new baby for a year to go so quickly...

I didn't do a lot of traditional type of things I usually do for Christmas and the New Year. I didn't get my usual batches of cookies made to give out to friends. Or my special wine jelly. Or even my Christmas Newsletter! So many of the special people I care so much about didn't even get a card from me because I was so sure I was going to get out this newsletter! I'm still going to do it. It will just be a New Year letter. Or is that incredibly tacky? I trust your judgment. Please tell me if that's tacky!

You know what threw me off? Michael took almost two weeks off. It was awesome! Surreal. We did a whole lot of nothing but enjoy one another's company. The Honey Do List I had for him was attempted, but eventually aborted. And I couldn't have cared less. We just soaked up having him home. We stayed up way too late and played too much. The two weeks were over in no time. All those nights of late dinners because daddy doesn't get home until 7:30 were forgotten. We all got used to having him around all the time without a problem.

So a few things I don't want to repeat this year... At the company Christmas party, there was one lady that drank way too much. The party was hosted at an employee's home. He said that he would make sure anyone who drank too much would get a ride home. Well, she drank and drank and could barely stand. We were all watching out for her as she sat on the accounting manager's boyfriend's lap wiggling around like a trout. We all kept an eye on her as she fell into the trashcan, knocking stuff everywhere. You get the idea. Well, she went out to the garage to smoke and we still watched her. Then after a while, we realize she didn't come back. But her shoes were still here, and her gifts. A few more minutes went by and we all went to check on her. Her car was gone. She took off in slippers and left everything behind. I was really upset about it. I wanted to call the police, but everyone told me not to and got angry at me for bringing up the idea. They called her cell and begged her to pull of and wait for someone to meet her. She'd just hang up. Finally, she made it home without incident. I thought the host of the party was going to be responsible if she had an accident because he served the alcohol and didn't take her keys. And he said he would make sure everyone got home, but what he meant was, he would ask everyone else to do it but no one lived near her. He didn't want to take her or possibly have to pay cab fare. That ticked me off. She pulled the same thing at the last Christmas party too. I made mistakes when I was younger, but this lady is in her late 40's. She should really know better. Next year when this happens, because we all know it will, what should I do? Riley is going to be driving on her own soon, and it makes me so angry that people can be that selfish. She didn't even have the class to apologize to people at work for her behavior. What she could remember of it. In 2008, I'm going to take my cell phone and go to the garage and call the cops. I don't care who it pisses off.

Also, in 2008, I'm going to be wary of creepy men. We have a friend who will touch me inappropriately on occasion. He'll walk me to the door with his hand at the small of my back and by the time we get to the door, it's more around the area of my bum. Last week, he sat next to me during dinner, and reached down and picked up my hand and held it. I looked at him, startled, and then he made some awkward comment about my nail polish. What? What?! Then he hugs me good bye and I thought my chest would go flat he pressed me so tight to him. Michael thinks nothing of it. If some chick was playing that way with him, I'd be cranky. I'll never understand why he's so laid back about things like this. I guess I should be glad he trusts me. I'm just not so sure he should be so trusting of other people.

Next in 2008, I'm going to be a lot more supportive of Michael. He needs to lose weight. He's miserable. So do I, but it's more important for him with his back issues. He can't find a workout partner he can depend on, so he's determined to do it on his own. Which means he has to go to bed earlier because he likes to work out at 5AM, which means I will have to go to bed early too because I'll wake him up when I come to bed. Which means we'll have less time together in the evening. And I will make him healthy meals and freeze them so he can take them to work and not be tempted for something quick and naughty. If my going to bed early helps him get up early, so be it. If I need to take a few hours out and cook him extra meals, I'll do it. I've got to make this as easy on him as possible for his success.

So my goals for this year are kind of mild I guess. They aren't lofty by any means. But I know I can and will accomplish them.

posted by Terri at 1/03/2008 07:01:00 PM >7 comments

7 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
My Profile

Our Next President


Groups

Book Lovers
Busy Cooks

Blog Roll

My Awesome Mom
Kitchen Logic
Pantyless Preacher’s Wife
Notes from the Trenches
Jane Doe
AJ’s Clubhouse
Spynotes
Bettyalready
Chaos Daily
Cosmic Crayola
Darlafly
Dragging My Ink*Locked*
Forty Plus
Hindmost
Kitchen Cook
Kitchen Lite *Locked*
Requiel

Book Blogs

Mine: AK Book Mama
Books Along the Way
Just Read the Book!
Kristie Loves Books
The Book Bitches
Trashionista

Description

This is a weblog design modified (with Love) from Purple-ish by Irisheyes' Husband. Copyright 2007

Shelfari Bookshelf


Awards

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Archives


May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

September 2009

October 2009

April 2010

May 2010


Powered By







 

Google AdS